What is the default username and password for admin console?

Complete newbie. I installed openfire 3.5.2 and then got spark running. I have now come back to look at openfire and tried opening the admin console but it keeps failing at username and password. Quite honestly I do not remember entering a un &pwd so I am asking if there is a default one. Thanks

Quite honestly I do not remember entering a un &pwd so I am asking if there is a default one.
You should created an admin account during Openfire setup. However, it’s possible to skip this step for the case you have already an existing database.

Just stop Openfire, open the file openfire/conf/openfire.xml, search for true and set it to false. Then restart Openfire and run setup again.

Thanks for your answer - just a quick follow-up. Will re-running setup wipe all my existing users?

No, but it is never a bad a idea to make a backup.

admin and admin

I did try this to no avail so I reckon I did set it to something. Have reset it now and recorded it somewhere! Thanks

I don’t believe it. Password fine for a couple of weeks but now when I try to go into Openfire the username / password fails. I have tried the xml edit advised above but this does not work - maybe because it asks for current password when you have to change password in setup.

Any ideas?

Any answers?

You could also try adding another user like your own account as an admin. Edit the openfire.xml file again and find the section where it says and in between that put an account name (or several account names separated by commas) and try logging in with those accounts. You might have to restart the server first.

Afterwards, log in with one of those accounts and reset the “admin” account’s password.

Thanks. It did not work. I put several people in but none work. It did say Authorizeduser rather than admin in the xml.

The setup procedure includes a step where you put in the present admin password before entering the new one - perhaps this is failing so new password is not set. Any other routes.?

What database are you using and do you have any good backups. It sounds to me like you have a db corruption. Also are you using LDAP or manually created users? If manual you could try the user import export plugin to make a backup of them in case you need to start over.

I am using the embedded database and ver 3.6 Openfire.

Sounds like the export plugin may be necessary. Where do I get it?

I am also facing the same problem in windows open embedded database ,

i tried all method but able to login.

Please help me out it quite frustrating…:frowning:

Thx

even I am facing the same problem in windows open embedded database.

please help

This thread is closed. Please start your own thread, if any of the previous completed thread do not help you resolve your issue.

This thread is closed. Please start your own thread, if any of the previous completed thread do not help you resolve your issue.

I know this thread is closed but I just ran into this and I have been a openfire user for years. I figured out what the issue is with not being able to login after a fresh install. I installed it locally and went to the admin login screen and had no luck and became frustrated, ran setup a couple times with no luck. the login was directing me to http://ipadressofserver:9090/ so I changed the address in the browser to http://hostname:9090/ and it let me login just fine. I’m not sure why it did it or why that fixed it but I bet that this is what is causing you not to be able to login with your configured settings for admin. Hope this helps someone and sorry for continuing the closed thread.

Hey,

admin pass admin

or correct it in the database

hope that helped. oh check out my other posts!