What's with my install?

I downloaded and installed the RPM for Openfire 3.6.0 to install on my RH4 server. All that went fine. I was able to run the SQL file on my MySQL server (4.1.0) to create the schema. I created a MySQL user with full permissions on the openfire schema, then ran the Admin console from port 9090.

When I got to the database setup screen, I entered the appropriate information, and received the error that the Openfire Schema does not appear to be installed; please follow the install guide.

I double checked that the database existed and was reachable (it’s on the same host as the openfire install) and it is. I looked in the error log, and it appeared that the admin page was attempting to re-create the tables that were in openfire_mysql.sql. I tried dropping all the tables, but the admin page seems to create the tables in such a way that the inserts subsequently fail. The SQL script runs fine, itself.

What am I doing wrong?

If I run the openfire_mysql.sql, the error log from the admin console reads as follows:

2008.09.04 16:25:37 [org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.executeSQLScript(SchemaManager.java:38 3)] SchemaManager: Failed to execute SQL:
CREATE TABLE ofUser ( username VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, plainPassword VARCHAR(32), encryptedPassword VARCHAR(255), name VARCHAR(100), email VARCHAR(100), creationDate CHAR(15) NOT NULL, modificationDate CHAR(15) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (username), INDEX ofUser_cDate_idx (creationDate) );
2008.09.04 16:25:37 [org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:228)]
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘ofUser’ already exists
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:936)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1631)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1723)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3277)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3206)

[snip]

If I run the admin page without having first run the openfire_mysql.sql, then it fails on the first insert:

2008.09.04 16:26:48 [org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.executeSQLScript(SchemaManager.java:38 3)] SchemaManager: Failed to execute SQL:
INSERT INTO ofID (idType, id) VALUES (18, 1);
2008.09.04 16:26:48 [org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:228)]
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: INSERT command denied to user ‘jive’@‘ezra’ for table 'ofID’
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:936)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1631)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1723)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3277)

But, if I log into the MySQL console, and try to run the insert command…

mysql> INSERT INTO ofID (idType, id) VALUES (18, 1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

And yes, that’s logged in as the user ‘jive’. What do I edit to make it not try to create the schema on the admin webpage? Isn’t it supposed to just check the schema for correctness?

Never mind, folks. It appears I have lost the ability to read; I have MySQL 4.1.10a, and the documentation specifies 4.1.18. Sorry for the disturbance; nothing to see here, move along…