powered by Jive Software

When the new version openfire server is expected?


errors while launching? My 3.7.0 beta version launches without errors.


PS: Probably they did win some bug-awards .

it2000 wrote:

errors while launching? My 3.7.0 beta version launches without errors.

Well, it look like they are kraken related and showing in my Win Openfire Launcher

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class [net.sf.kraken.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender].
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.kraken.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) …

PS: Probably they did win some bug-awards .
Most amusing today was when i was posting a message to one thread and redirected to another thread after that :smiley:

“Log4JToOpenfireAppender” - looks like Kraken supports log4j but it want’s to log via the Openfire log appender which is missing in 3.7.

One should restart the forum or update to 4.0, it seems to have some more problems like duplicate links and the creation date is out-of-order again:


Keep on the awesome work folks !!! you all are doing great jobs

Any new news on this? I am absolutely dying to get a new build of both Openfire AND Spark. With Spark, I wish they would just cut already, push out a new version and move the last few issues to the next build, the list just keeps getting longer and farther pushed out…

Otherwise great work from everyone involved in these projects. I realize is is basically being done from free contribution.


The latest news (last week) is that the servers have been shipped to the hosting provider. No news since then.

Speaking about Spark, firstly there is no “they”, only one volunteer is doing some work sometimes (and a few occasional patchers maybe). In a roadmap there are still ~30 issues opened and many of them marked as blockers and major ones. If you like what the code is now, then build it yourself and use it, but i don’t think it is ready for a release.

I wonder if we could simply set up a sourceforge page, grab an svn dump, import, and away we go.

This was proposed many times. Yet, what about the community. Personally i very dislike sf.net forums (can’t even call it forums) and other parts of it. If we can, it would be better to preserve the current system.

slicer321, we are so close. Lets give Jive a bit more time, sigh.


I was only speaking of an interim solution. I am not sure if this would be of use, in the sense that I don’t know if we are just having commit delays or if it is more involved.