Where are groupchats logged?

There is a preference on Chat creation that allows you to log the group chats. Where are the logs stored? I can’'t seem to find them.

Thanks,

Jonathan

jonathan@atlassian.com

Jonathan

It is in Wildfire installation path …/wildfire/logs . First you need to enable “Message Audit Policy” in “admin console” under “Server”—>“Server Setting”. The log will be in .xml format. There are also plugins for logging chat between users. I will let you do the exercise to search that in the forum for that.

regards,

wmhtet

Hey Jonathan,

Group chat logs are saved to the mucConversationLog table. From the admin console you can configure the “Flush interval” and the “Batch size” to use when saving the logged information to the database (see Group Chat Settings --> Other Settings). Out of the box Wildfire does not provide a way to retrieve logged information or query it. But I think that someone from the community has provided a tool to read logged information.

Regards,

– Gato

Sorry Jonathan, it seems that my info is a bit outdated but it always help to search in the forum.

regards,

wmhtet

Hey wmhtet,

Your information is not outdated. The logged information you were referring to are the audited packets and I think that Jonathan was asking for the logged conversations in the group chat rooms.

Regards,

– Gato

But I think that

someone from the community has provided a tool to

read logged information.