Where are settings saved?

Now that I almost have things exactly the way I want, I’‘d like to save all of the settings so I can get back to this point. Some settings are in the xml file located in /conf. Where are the rest of them? I’'m using mysql as the db— are they in there (and if so, which table)?

Yeah, I’'m replying to my own, but…

It looks like most things are stored in jiveProperty. I think this is all of them, except I can’'t find the location for the admin web ui cert (I asked another question for that though). Looking at this table I have a new question: what is xmpp.domain used for? Is this just a text display suffix appended to my users? Does it have to match an address bound to the wildfire server?

Hi Jaga,

most of the settings are indeed stored in the database. JIVEPROPERTY will be a good starting point. But if you did also configure users, groups, … and want to backup it you better backup the whole database.

LG

certs: wildfireHome/resources/security/

xmpp.domain: your server name you did set up a dns (srv) record which matches it? Just like for example jabber.org and conference.jabber.org, or how should the users connect to your server?

LG

Thanks for the cert path.

As for the srv record, is that needed if my wildfire setup is internal only? I’'m not doing any s2s with this.

All I see in that path is keystore and truststore. How do I put in a custom ssl cert for the admin interface?

Hi,

you may have a public email address jaga@yet-another-best-company.com and you may want to use www.yet-…com for your webserver. Your Wifi server will usually be running on another server so you may need to use srv records. If yet-…com does not resolve to your webserver than you may use it for your Wifi server, otherwise you need the srv records.

How do I put in a custom ssl cert for the admin interface?[/i] => Search the forum for keytool, I did never do this.

LG

You do not need to create any SRV records on your dns if you’‘re only using wildfire internally and do not care if the user’'s have an ID specific to the server that wildfire is running on.

For instance, chat.domain.com may resolve to 192.168.1.5.

You would login to chat.domain.com with Spark, and your users would show up as user@chat.domain.com

SRV records would be useful if you’'d like to have the usernames match a public email name, in which case they serve purpose in allowing the client figure out where the server really is – since presumably domain.com might refer to a public webserver.

Thanks Everyone.

Hi Colby,

since presumably domain.com might refer to a public webserver”. Yes, it will and it should. As soon as company A and company B agree do use an IM system instead of emails for a better cooperation one will need this, even if this is not a public server. Or you need to explain a lot …

Except if you are using email addresses like buddy@email.domain.com, then buddy@jabber.domain.com may by accepted.

LG