Which parser to use when developing a plugin?

All,

I am developing software for a commercial company, and decided it would be best to develop the server component as an OpenFire plugin.

I’m unable to find any development guides, other than http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/plugin-d ev-guide.html

That document was helpful, but didn’t include all the information I was looking for. I have one or two questions.

First, I have already developed some components using the standard dom parser found in javax.xml.parsers. Is that a wise decision for developing an OpenFire plugin? Should I use the dom4j parser which OpenFire uses, instead? (It concerns me that the dom4j project seems to have died around 2005). Is it possible to develop an OpenFire plugin using a parser other than the dom4j parser? I noticed that the IQ class has methods which take and return dom4j Elements, and has no other means of setting an xml payload. If I wanted to develop an OpenFire plugin using another parser, what would be the best way of going about it?

Thanks,

-tw

All,

Never mind. I’ll just use the dom4j parser. I think that’s the best solution at this point.

Best,

-tw