While testing the software I deleted the admin user.. :-(

Is there a way to restore the admin user or assign admin user rights to another user by directly editing the embedded database?

If its only a test then you can either re-install Jive Messenger or edit the jive_messenger.xml. There is an entry there, something like you can remove it, and Jive will simply recreate the database. (as far I can recall)

Conor.

You could also shutdown Messenger and add the following to the end of the messenger.script file located in the embedded-db directory:

INSERT INTO jiveUser (username, password, name, email, creationDate, modificationDate)

VALUES (''admin'', ''admin'', ''Administrator'', ''admin@example.com'', ''0'', ''0'');

/code

Or, you could edit the jive-messenger.xml file and add an existing user to the list.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

INSERT INTO jiveUser (username, password, name, email, creationDate, modificationDate)

VALUES (''admin'', ''admin'', ''Administrator'', ''admin@example.com'', ''0'', ''0'');

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!

You’'re welcome. Be sure to mark the question as answered and award any points as you see fit.

I did the same thing and applied the modifications below and still cannot get in… please assist!

It’'s not wise to jump on the end of a closed thread.

For best results, try posting a new question that when people look for open questions only, yours will appear.

Best of Luck

Peter