Why The JiveMessage stop

When the outline message is so many,the jiveMessage would stop,and the computer’‘s socket is empty,the ftp server on the computer could not be connected, but after somtimes,the jivemessage is run as usual, and the ftp is Ok .What’'s wrong with the jivemessage?

Hi softcar,

What do you mean when Messenger stops working? Can you not connect to it either via the Admin Console or client? Do you see any messages in the logs?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your answer! I can’‘t connect Messenger,it told me the password is wrong,but the password is right I’‘m sure,and the client can’'t connect to Messenger.After sometimes when I can connect messenger,I can connect the messenger, and the clients do also

Hi softcar,

Could you please look at your logs and see there are any errors? Are you using an external database or LDAP? It sounds like Messenger maybe having trouble connecting to your user store.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

You are right , I’'m using Ldap for user and using SqlServer2000 for saving group and other data.

Nowdays, the Messenger always can’'t find the user, [org.jivesoftware.messenger.roster.Roster.(Roster.java:145)

] Groups () include non-existent username (gao_shaoman)

And moredays ago, these errors can be found:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.loadProperties(JiveProperties.java:270)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.init(JiveProperties.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.(JiveProperties.java:49)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.getInstance(JiveProperties.java:43)

Hi softcar,

After looking at your stack traces and seeing as how your connection problem to both Messenger and the ftp server is intermittent, I would suspect that there is a problem on the network or with the server itself. Is there a network or system administrator where you have the server setup that could help you diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Now I change the database ,use oracle for saving the offline message.And my strategy of managing the offline message is saving them all,and the offline message is too many,the errors is :

org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdate Handler.java:139)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.put(Unknown Source)

t java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.put(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.group.Group.loadProperties(Group.java:416)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.group.Group.getProperties(Group.java:155)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.roster.RosterManager.getSharedGroups(RosterManager.j ava:145)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.roster.Roster.(Roster.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.roster.RosterManager.getRoster(RosterManager.java:69 )

Hi softcar,

What client are you using to connect to Messenger?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey softcar,

Somehow the key or value of a group property is null thus generating that exception. I made a quick fix for that problem but we still have to find out why is that property in an invalid state in the database. You can try the next nightly build that will print in the warn.log file more information about the invalid property.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Ryan

The client is Exodus,the product of jabber.

Do I think that you can help me make a test? Send many messages to the Jive,and see whether the jive can create new dbconnection.

I think that whether the dbconnection is close or the dbpool is too small.

Thanks,

softcar

Hi Softcar,

Do I think that you can help me make a test? Send

many messages to the Jive,and see whether the jive

can create new dbconnection.

Yes, I’'m sure I could help you write a test to simulate a lot of traffic, but before we do that are you saying that you are not able to login using Exodus?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryang

After I send so many messages to the Jive,the Jive is stop,and it’‘s available that I can’‘t login using Exodus ,the log is that the Jive can’'t creat new connection to the Db.

And I stop the Jive,then start the Jive,the Jive can’‘t been started ,the log is the db can’'t be connected.

Hi Softcar,

How many messages can you send to Messenger before it stops working? 10? 100? 1000? Are you seeing any other output in your log files?

Thanks,

Ryan