Wildfire 1.6.1 and VMWare ESX 2.5.2

I am running a VM with Windows 2003 Standard with Wildfire 1.6.1 and I am getting high CPU utilization (20 %) .

I tested these with different version of Wildfire and is the same high CPU utilization.

The VM is also running Apache 2.0.55 and PHP 5.1.2 and MySQL 5.0.18, but when I stop the Wildfire services the CPU drop to 1 or 2 % of utilization.

I want to know is there something I can do to the config of the Wildfire or maybe MySQL to fix or easy the CPU utilization of these VM with Wildfire running.

Any help or ideas will be welcome.

Thank you all.

Hi Pega,

Iā€™'ve running a Wildfire 1.5.1 on ESX 2.5.2, but with SLES 9. It only uses 2% of CPU.

apache2-2.0.49-27.45

mysql-4.0.18-32.20

php4-4.3.4-43.50

Which process is using our CPU that much?

grettings

iceberg

Is that with no user load on it? When I run Wildfire on Win2003 in VMWare Workstation I notice almost no increase with no users- just memory. Are you maybe hitting disk swapping or something?

Hey Pega,

A way to figure out what the server is doing when you are getting high CPU utilization is to get a thread dump. Read the Different ways to obtain a thread dump of the Java VM[/url] KB document for more information. Once you have that information you can paste it here or send it to me if the file is too big.

Regards,

ā€“ Gato