Wildfire 3.2.0 on Mac OS X 10.4 (Java 1.5.0_06) : doesn''t work

Hello,

I’‘m trying to upgrade from the previous version. but I cannot login any jabber client. I can only connect to the webadmin. Please tell me where I can send my debug.log file, because I don’'t want to post it on a public forum post.

Thanks you.

Hi Ohmer,

Which version of Wildfire are you upgrading from? How did you install it originally on OSX?

Thanks,

Ryan

The previous version is 3.1.1. It was installed with the .tar.gz file (files located at /usr/local/wildfire).

I tried first to upgrade with the new dmg installer and the installer overwrited my old installation. The server was not working. I removed the directory to try an installation from scratch, but the installer failled to reinstall a second time.

I finally downloaded the tar.gz file and unpacked it and I copied my old conf and embedded-db directories… I still have the same problem with this installation.

So, I removed this version and I restored my backup from 3.1.1 for now.

If you’'d like to send me your log files I can see if anything looks strange.

Thanks,

Ryan

Isn’'t Wildfire 3.2 the first that requires Java 6?

anlumo wrote:

Isn’'t Wildfire 3.2 the first that requires Java 6?

Nope. Like I said in this thread, Wildfire 3.2 does not need Java 6 but it does see a nice performance boost when you use it.

Cheers,

Ryan

I sent you a mail about this.

Thanks.

Wildfire 3.2.2 still doesn’'t work on my OS X server …

I applied all system and java updates avaiables for my server.

Don’‘t know if it’‘s related, but in the web admin, I see a yellow “warning” triangle at side of my server name. What does mean this yellow triangle ? I don’'t see this in 3.1.1.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Ohmer,

Please take a look at this post from Gato as to what the icon means.

As for why you’‘re still not able to connect I’‘m at a bit of a loss. I didn’‘t see anything that looked out of ordinary in your log files. Are you able to connect using the server’'s ip address? What clients have you been trying to use? Are you trying to connect from the same machine you have Wildfire installed on or a different one?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello,

I tried AdiumX on Mac computers and Psi on Windows computers. None can connect.

I didn’'t tried to connect directly with the IP adress, but the DNS resolv fine. So, it should not be a problem.

Clients are not in the same machine as the server.

Hi Ohmer,

Can you try connecting using a client on the same machine?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello,

Today I had some time to check if 3.3.1 is still byggy with my setup. I still was…

So, to reduce the downtime for my users, I installed openfire 3.3.1 on alternates ports.

I find that :

• my server name was changed to 127.0.0.1

• my ssl certificates (self-signed) disappeared (I regenerated new ones)

With these things fixed, I’'m able to connect.

But now, I think our roster is buggy. I see all my (locals) contacts as offline even if they are connected… It’'s the same for all my users.

So, I’'m back to 3.1.1 :confused: