powered by Jive Software

Wildfire and SSL: different keytool-binaries leading to probs (solution)

Hi all and 1st of all thanks for all the info inside this forum.

After spending a couple of days toying with wildfire and especially ssl (and reading through the different forum-entries) I have finally found the problem that I had with my instalation.

I am running 2.6.12-10-k7 ubuntu, java version “1.5.0_06” and latest wildfire.tar.gz as of 2 days ago.

Thing is, I had java 1.4 installed previously and downloaded 1.5 from sun, made a debian package, installed it and told the system that 1.5 was to be the main java-distro to be used (“update-alternatives --config java” &so.).

However, the keytool in use was still the one from 1.4 !! And nothing I would do to the keystore-file or admin-console would let me use ssl with wildfire.

After using the keytool from 1.5 and following advice by wmhtet from http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=16804&tstart=0 and others everything works like a charm.

Maybe this helps others, too… It sure made my day

So, if You read “change to the directory where the keytool is located” DO THIS. And make sure You use this one, and not the one eventually in Your path… (Type ./keytool -keystore keyst…[/i]

Btwy: To find out which keytool binary you use, type which keytool[/i], then do a ls -l path_to_file[/i] and so on until you see which file is called. In my case, i had one in /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/keytool which was being used, and another in /usr/lib/j2re1.5-sun/bin/keytool which i have used successfully.

Hope this helps.

happy xmppying

aegidel

Glad that my thread help you.

regards

wmhtet