Wildfire and the 2007 daylight savings time changes

Hi:

As everyone probably already knows, the dates for daylight savings time in the United states will be changing in 2007. I am evaluating all software we use in our company to make sure that it will handle the change properly. For our enterprise IM solution, we are running Wildfire 3.11 under Linux on the server, and are using a variety of clients, including Spark 2.04 and even 1.14 in a few cases. Is Wildfire 3.11 ready for the DST changes, or do I need to upgrade to a newer version? How about Spark?

Thanks for your help.

Hey rshugart,

The answer is really related to the version of Java that you are using. For more information check out this link. I would say that if you are using the latest version of Java then you should be fine.

Regards,

ā€“ Gato

Hey:

Thanks for the response. I beleive Iā€™'m using the embedded JVM that comes with Wildfire, I have no other apps that use Java on this server, and just let Wildfire use its own JVM. Is the JVM in Windfire 3.11 patched, can I use the sun patch against that JVM or is it best to just upgrade Wildfire?

Thanks

Hey rshugart,

You can log into the admin console to check the Java version that you are using. Then check the link that I mentioned to verify if you have to update your JVM. If you are using Wildfire 3.1.1 and the bundled JVM then I would say that you are using Java 1.5.0_08 which according to this link question 7 would be just fine.

Regards,

ā€“ Gato