Wildfire Beta 3 - unable to login to admin console after upgrade

Hi

I downloaded the beta 3 to test on my Windows dev box. It’'s NT 4 SP6a with MySQL version 5 and installed using data from our live server which is Wildfire 2.5.1

When I start the server, it keeps coming up saying that it was upgrading the database from version 5 to 9 - not just the once as I would have expected.

However, when I tried to login to the admin console, it kept saying incorrect password (this is unencrypted).

Does anyone have any thoughts ?

Martyn

You might want to try running the database upgrades by hand. The last upgrade (8 - 9) failed for me, so it could be that it runs into some kind of trouble there.

The database upgrades are .sql files in resources/database/ in your distribution. You should start with the first number up from your starting version (which you can get from querying the jiveVersion table).

Hi Manuzhai

I will have a play with it and see how it goes.

What I was more concerned about was the fact that I couldn’'t login to the admin console after the upgrade - the password was still the same which I could see in the table. The only way I could od it was to blitz the table and re-create from scratch. I will need to dig around a little more I think.

Martyn

Martyn,

We’'d love to get to the bottom of what went wrong. What exact version of Wildfire were you upgrading from?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

What I have is 2 identical servers, one live and one dev / test. They’'re Windows NT4 SP6a, MySQL 5.0.18 and Wildfire 2.5.1

I back up the data daily on the live server and restore to the dev so that there is an upto date copy on there.

When I upgraded to the Beta 3 software, it all seemed to go OK and came up fine. However, although the password was fine (the original config file was still there and unchanged) I couldn’'t login to the admin console. I have a non standard admin account which is defined in the config file.

I even tried stopping the service, amending the entry in the DB table to the standard admin and restarted Wildfire (including the entry in the config file) but to no avail.

The only way I could get it to work was blitz the dev DB tables and recreate from scratch with the supplied sql file.

In addition, every time I started Wildfire B3, it kept saying that it had found DB schema version 5 and carried out the upgrade to version 9. It reported this was successful every time it completed, but always did the same thing every time I started it.

Hope this is of some help.

Martyn

Martyn,

Any chance we could get a database dump to test with? If you’'re using a version that has encrypted password support, that data should be ok already. If not, you could set all the passwords to some arbitrary value. If this is an option, please drop me an email so we can discuss how to make this happen (click my profile).

Thanks,

Matt

Matt

I have mailed you so we can take this forward offline if you like.

Martyn