Wildfire + JWChat + IIS.......anyone done it?

I’'m ripping out my hair on this one.

I’'m trying to set up a JWChat installation having it use IIS as the web server and Wildfire as the actual Jabber server.

For the life of me I cannot get any kind of HTTP Polling or HTTP binding to work (ejabberd or JabberHTTPBind). Has anyone ever done this? I have the ISAPI_Rewrite dll in place, but I cannot get a complete logon to work. It always says Authentication failed and nothing really useful in the logs is helping.

We’‘re set on using Wildfire and IIS so please don’‘t throw out any links to Apache configurations…that doesn’'t help me much.

Thanks!

Hi,

you don’'t need a webserver like Apache but a servlet container like Tomcat. IIS is not a servlet container so JHB (Jabber HTTP Bind) which is a java application will not run.

For JWChat itself you can as far as I can tell use every webserver but it may be more easy to deploy it togehter with JHB using jwchat.war.

LG

Is it possible then to use IIS as the web server component, but use Tomcat as the servlet container?

If so do you have any instructions on how to pull that off because I’‘ve tried with Tomcat and don’'t really know what to do.

Thanks!

Hi,

in the forum here are already some descriptions how to deploy jwchat.war in Tomcat and what to modify. It’'s simple and runs fine, maybe you can also grab the old wildfire.war (version 2.6.2) and deploy it first so you are sure that you can deploy web applications in Tomcat.

LG