Wildfire LDAP/JID question

Hey guys,

I asked this on the chat today but I had to run soon afterwards. I’'ll repeat it here.

I set up WF with our company LDAP successfully. The problem is that our company uses our email for our user ID. So, I can’'t log into WF as admin because the @ in my ID is escaped.

I did a test with the server in normal authentication mode and created a user JID in email format. I could log into WF from spark with the ID in email format. I know email as ID is problematic but unfortunately that’‘s what we’‘ve got here. I’‘m wondering if there’‘s some way to make this work, especially given that I could create a JID with an @ sign in it and use it from spark. If not I’'m thinking maybe I could insert some code in the LDAP authentication/user creation process to change the @ sign to some other character.

Thanks,

Jay

Hey Jay,

So is the problem only when trying to log in from the admin console? Is it working fine when logging in from Spark?

Regards,

– Gato

Hey Gato,

Thanks for responding.

Yeah, I can hook up LDAP but can’'t login with my email (allenj@bigcompany.com) which is unfortunately my LDAP ID in our system.

In a separate test I installed WF and used normal authentication. I could get in the admin of course as the default admin user. Once in I created an ID (this was a different install so it wasn’‘t already there) allenj@bigcompany.com. I could connect to WF from spark using this ID. I don’'t know if this test means anything but it indicated to me that @ was allowed in an ID.

Anyway, if it’‘s not possible to have JIDs with @ signs in them (makes sense, I don’‘t know why my test worked) I’‘ll have to think of a workaround for my LDAP problem. With the LDAP install I couldn’‘t even get into the admin; I couldn’‘t connect with spark as allenj@bigcompany.com either but since I couldn’‘t get into the admin I’‘m not sure that ID was even created yet. I’‘m hoping maybe it’‘s just something with the admin screen escaping @’'s; if so I can hack that myself.

Thanks,

Jay