powered by Jive Software

Wildfire locking up

I seem to be having an issue with Wildfire running out of memory. I have only a few users on my server but the server appears to stop responding after 12-24 hours. I checked through all of the logs and the one that seemed relevant to me was:

Exception in thread “Client SR - 8398493” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Exception in thread “Client SR - 7761114” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Exception in thread “Client SR - 22873179” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

But there was no time listed beside it to give it a frame of reference. My server was started with the following java parameter:

-Xms64m -Xmx128m -XX:PermSize=10m -XX:MaxPermSize=20m -verbose:gc -XX:*PrintGCDetails -XX:*PrintGCTimeStamps -Xloggc:

My server doesnt need much memory so this seems that it should be sufficient for only a few users. I suspect it may be related to the v2stats plugin since this seems to have started since I added it. I have since removed it and am waiting to see if it happens again.

Message was edited by: jcluff

Hi Jared,

“java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space” seems to be related to “-XX:MaxPermSize=20m”. As your server seems to need more than 20 MB for perm space, run it with “-XX:PermSize=25m -XX:MaxPermSize=50m”. So you make sure that the initial size is not to small, so usually no GC within the Perm space will be necessary.

You could monitor the sizes using jvmstat or visualgc.

LG

I have made the change and am watching it. Thankyou for the tips. Definitly helpful. I will try to keep those in mind. I will post in this tread after a while to give an update on how the server is doing.

No lockups since change was made