powered by Jive Software

WildFire Problems

I current upgraded from JiveMessengerEmbededDB to WildFireMysql it seems way faster!

But I’'m having a few problems…

A: Clients frequently get disconected with “Read Error” as the error message.

B: The registration plugin’'s “Auto join group” Function is not working at all.

C: Connecting to WildFire Server with a client on the local Server causes gaim to freez when trying to diconect.

D: Some users look like they are off line but are in fact logged in…

I understand you guys are making big changes and i hope the rough edges are taken care of but I can’'t use WildFire with these strange behaiviors… :[

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear you’'re having these problems. For items A, B, and D are you only working with Gaim? Have you tried using any other clients, like url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/sparkSpark[/url]? For item C, did you “Enable sharing group in rosters” for the group you created in the Admin Console (people sometimes create the group but they forgot to enable it)?

Thanks,

Ryan

Yes I did enable teh sharing group in the roster. The group does show up and has the users I manually entered. But the problem is during registration the new user is not added to the group as they should be.

And yes to anticipate the next response I do have the box checked next to “Enable automatically adding of new users to a group.” and I do have the group listed at the bottom of the page.

Just a thought, how long are you waiting for that new user to be added?

I found that when making a change to a group it takes a little time to flush things out. almost as if the page is cached or something. For me I made a number of changes to an AD security group, on the group summary page it updated within about 30 minutes but the members list took a couple of hours…

loonybin88

Hi Daniel,

That’‘s strange, I haven’'t been able to reproduce the problem. Are there any errors in your logs?

Thanks,

Ryan

I found that when making a change to a group it takes

a little time to flush things out. almost as if the

page is cached or something. For me I made a number

of changes to an AD security group, on the group

summary page it updated within about 30 minutes but

the members list took a couple of hours…

That actually only applies when using LDAP/AD. It’'s caused by the caching we do.

Regards,

Matt

I experienced the similar problem.

I’'m trying upgrading Jive Messenger 2.3.0 into Wildfire 2.4.0/2.4.2 and got nothing. Currently, I stay with 2.3.0.

Upgrading steps:

  • installing Wildfire into new folder

  • I’'m using MYSQL and the previous database and data

The problem, I experienced are:

  • After upgraded into Wildfire:

  • Exodus:

  • Freeze and Getting contact status (unable to display all shared roster contacts) but in the session tab (Admin Console), the user is already shown (logged in)

  • Gaim:

  • Disconnected regularly

  • When trying joining a conference, suddenly disconnected

  • Server always displays logs as following:

Internal server error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: ebdesk_agent_bot

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:398)

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.(Roster.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.RosterManager.getRoster(RosterManager.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.User.getRoster(User.java:243)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:179)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java :103)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:256)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:79)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:388)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:50)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:256)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNAException: Contains non-LDH characters.

at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:53)

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:363)

… 21 more

When I used 2.3.0, all are fine! Weird, isn’‘t it? That’‘s why I’'m still use 2.3.0.

Hi comm,

The error you’‘re seeing was previously reported and filed as JM-520. The issue was fixed in Wildfire 2.4.3 so you might want to try using the latest version (2.4.4) and see if that takes care of at least one of the problems you’'re having.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan is corrent. Moreover, the Gaim disconnect problem should also be fixed since we are now considering tab characters as heartbeats. Let us know if you are still having troubles after upgrading to Wildfire 2.4.4.

Regards,

– Gato

Finally, my problems are solved by upgrading my server into Wildfire 2.4.4.

A great job, guys.

Thx.

Finally, my problems are solved by upgrading my

server into Wildfire 2.4.4.

A great job, guys.

Good to hear.