Wildfire running on Tomcat - Status

Hi all,

I am working for several days to make Wildfire’'s admin webapp running properly on Tomcat.

I know that the development team has stopped the support of the external war. However I’'d like to be able to create by myself a war in order to integrate properly Wildfire in my J2EE installation (in my case this is JOnAS+Tomcat).

So I’'ve noticed that I have the following errors on my J2EE server :

EarServiceImpl.doStart : Cannot deploy the file ‘’/usr/local/ow2apps/jonas/jonas_base/apps/autoload/mejb.ear’’ : Undeploy the jars loaded from this ear: org.objectweb.jonas.web.JWebContainerServiceException : Error during the deployment: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory (Caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory)

This is due to the fact that Wildfire forces using org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory in the source code instead of using common descriptor (commons-logging.properties).

In the source code I can see the following properties set :

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/auth/NativeAuthProvider.java: System.setProperty(“java.library.path”, newLibPath);

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/container/AdminConsolePlugin.java: System.setProperty(“org.mortbay.log.class”, “org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog”);

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/container/AdminConsolePlugin.java: System.setProperty(“org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory”, “org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory”);

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/http/HttpBindManager.java: System.setProperty(“org.mortbay.log.class”, “org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog”);

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/http/HttpBindManager.java: System.setProperty(“org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory”, “org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory”);

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/net/SASLAuthentication.java: System.setProperty(“java.security.krb5.debug”,

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/net/SASLAuthentication.java: System.setProperty(“java.security.auth.login.config”,

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/net/SASLAuthentication.java: System.setProperty(“javax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly”,

org/jivesoftware/wildfire/net/TLSWrapper.java: System.setProperty(“javax.net.debug”, “all”);

Can you please remove that properties within the source code and assigned them by using traditional properties file.

Finally, I want to thank you for the work achieved on Wildfire since one year since I think Wildfire is the best open source XMPP implementation.

Best regards

Xavier MOGHRABI

System administrator of the OW2 Consortium (formerly ObjectWeb).