Wildfired.exe taking up all of the available CPU usage

Wildfired.exe is maxing out the CPU usage to 100% making the server virtually useless to work on. It seems to be taking any all available resources for its self. Any suggestion on how to limit the resources that Wildfire uses will be greatly appreciated.

Running Windows 2000 Advance Server

Wildfire 3.1.1

Environment

JVM Version and Vendor: 1.5.0_08 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM

Appserver: Jetty/5.1.x

OS / Hardware: Windows 2000 / x86

Locale / Timezone: en / Eastern Standard Time (-5 GMT)

Java Memory

25.87 MB of 63.31 MB (40.9%) used

Thanks for the help!

Message was edited by: mathiakk

More Info. The CPU gets maxed out as soon as Wildfire starts. A filed called admin-console.log gets created and is at 0 bytes. The server runs with a maxed out CPU till something is dumped to the admin-console.log file, some times as much as 3 GB worht of data, and then the CPU usage drops down to normal. I am not sure what is in this .log file because I do not have a word processor/text editor that will open that large of a file. Does any know of a text editor that will open a file this large?? Or does anyone know what might be the cause of this problem??

Thanks for the help.

Message was edited by: mathiakk

More Info. The CPU gets maxed out as soon as Wildfire starts. A filed called admin-console.log gets created and is at 0 bytes. The server runs with a maxed out CPU till something is dumped to the admin-console.log file, some times as much as 3 GB worht of data, and then the CPU usage drops down to normal. I am not sure what is in this .log file because I do not have a word processor/text editor that will open that large of a file. Does any know of a text editor that will open a file this large?? Or does anyone know what might be the cause of this problem??

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

which database are you using and are you using AD?

Did you install any plugins?

Do you see errors in the log files?

LG

Thanks for the responce!!!

Database being used - Microsoft SQL Server 08.00.0760 which is on a different server the Wildfire

Database Name - wildfire

I checked the log files and very little mentioned or entered with todays date. The one log file that concerns me a great deal is the Admin-Console.log file. It is up to 3 GB just sense this morning. I have not installed any Plug-ins.

When I installed Wildfire I pretty much took the defaults, didn’'t really have any troubles setting up Active Directory/LDAP.

There is an entry in the Error log that I am wondering about, again, dated back on 12/15/2006

2006.12.15 09:03:08 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:339) Error creating secured outgoing session to remote server: (our domain name is listed after that)

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:2992)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3046)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1410)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:331)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:288)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:95)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This file is about 200K in size.

If there is anything else that you need let me know!! Any specific files you would like me to look at or look for?

Thanks again

Kurt

Hi,

maybe you can use StackTrace to get a stack trace of Wildfire while it is using 100% cpu.

It may help to use the Task Manager to set Wildfire’'s priority to low if this is possible for a Windows Service.

Does it use 100% CPU all the time or only if specific actions do occur?

LG

It its 100% as soon as I launch wildfire. I may have some helpful information on this Admin-Counsole.log file. Here is a very small part of that file.

6:56:57.630 WARN!! [Acceptor [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=9091]]] org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.acceptSocket(ThreadedServer.java:461) >02> EXCEPTION

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl.checkEnabledSuites(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.acceptSocket(ThreadedServer.java:432)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer$Acceptor.run(ThreadedServer.java:634)

16:56:57.661 WARN!! [Acceptor [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=9091]]] org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.acceptSocket(ThreadedServer.java:461) >02> EXCEPTION

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl.checkEnabledSuites(Unknown Source)

16:56:57.661 WARN!! [Acceptor [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=9091]]] org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.acceptSocket(ThreadedServer.java:461) >02> EXCEPTION

16:56:57.693 WARN!! [Acceptor [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=9091]]] org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.acceptSocket(ThreadedServer.java:461) >02> EXCEPTION

16:56:57.693 WARN!! [Acceptor [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=9091]]] org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.acceptSocket(ThreadedServer.java:461) >02> EXCEPTION

I have no real reason to use ssl as it is for corporate use and is behind a firewall and part of a secured network. So, the CPU maxs out as soon as I start the program and not a second later that admin-console.log file is created.

I will also lower the priority as well.

Thanks for the help!

Message was edited by: mathiakk OK, a little more info. As soon as Wildfire starts the CPU is maxed out and a file called ADMIN-CONSOLE.LOG is created. The CPU will stay maxed untill something triggers a massive, up to 3 GB of data, to be written to this ADMIN-CONSOLE.LOG file. After that the CPU usage drops down to much more normal usage. I can not open the file because I do not have a text editor that can open a file that large.

If anyone has any ideas on what the problem is I would greatly appreciate any input!!

Message was edited by: mathiakk OK, a little more info. As soon as Wildfire starts the CPU is maxed out and a file called ADMIN-CONSOLE.LOG is created. The CPU will stay maxed untill something triggers a massive, up to 3 GB of data, to be written to this ADMIN-CONSOLE.LOG file. After that the CPU usage drops down to much more normal usage. I can not open the file because I do not have a text editor that can open a file that large.

If anyone has any ideas on what the problem is I would greatly appreciate any input!!

OK, a little more info. As soon as Wildfire starts the CPU is maxed out and a file called ADMIN-CONSOLE.LOG is created. The CPU will stay maxed untill something triggers a massive, up to 3 GB of data, to be written to this ADMIN-CONSOLE.LOG file. After that the CPU usage drops down to much more normal usage. I can not open the file because I do not have a text editor that can open a file that large.

Hi,

try to disable the debug log, this should also stop this log file.

And figure out what connects to port 9091 every 10 ms - stopping it would also help.

You could of course edit conf/wildfire.xml and use another port for https - also this should help.

LG

On the same note as this is there an option to change the default directory from C:\Program Files\Wildfire\logs to any other location or even a syslog server?

Is there also a rotate log option or plugin?

(I posted here since there were responses to to this thread. I also posted the same info to:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/message.jspa?messageID=141444#141444 )

Thank you.

Message was edited by: wharfratjoe

Hello Guys!!!

This is my first post here!!! :smiley:

I have the same problem but under Linux… And is a Java Process:

root 19971 99.9 12.3 970136 318184 ? Sl 08:12 1174:04 /opt/jdk1.5.0_06//bin/java -server -Dinstall4j.jvmDir=/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/ -Dinst

As you can see this process swallows the processor (99.9%)

The solution (in my case) is to kill the process and restart the WildFire service…

Hi,

killing a process and restarting it is as far as I can tell only a solution if no users are connected. Disconnecting 300 users is usually a bad idea, so solving the cause of the problem is a much better idea.

LG

HeHe :smiley:

You’'re right, but WildFire/Pandion is not a critical application in a company!!!