AFAIAC the only viable android clients are those which support OTR interoperably:
Xabber : xabber.com
But none of those are authored by XMPP server software firms. Tigase threw in their three cents with an android XMPP client.
The more collaberating brains the better the OTR:
The basic principles below guide our efforts:
- We believe in Security by Default, Privacy by Design
- We believe in practical, usable solutions to perilous problems.
- We believe in open protocols, not just products.
- We believe in partnerships, not proprietary fiefdoms.
- We believe in building a community of collaborators, not a cacophony of criticism and unnecessary competition.
I am also a fan/user of an iOS phone. Android app ought play well with PDroid