Windows 2003 SBS and Active Directory User Mapping

I cannot sucessfully get past User Mapping step of OpenFire installation. There’ s a green light on the LDAP connection. (Step 1. Connections Settings) using the following settings:

Server type: Active Directory

Host: server_name

port: 389

Base DN: ou=SBSUsers,ou=Users,ou=MyBusiness; dc=domain,dc=arc.local

**Administrator DN: **administrator@arc.local

Password: ********

The User Mapping step says

No users were found using the specified configuration. Try changing the base DN, user filter or username field.

Using all the default settings:

Username Field sAMAccountName

User Filter (objectClass=organizationalPerson)

and default value for the rest of the fields.

I have tried many combinations of Base DN/administratorDN scuesfully before coming here, but I cannot get past User Mapping. Any support would be appreciated. Thank you.

baseDN is wrong

ou=SBSUsers,ou=Users,ou=MyBusiness,dc=domain,dc=arc,dc=local

negative. passes ldap auth, fails user map

I am going to need more information about what you are entering for each field. Screenshots would be great, just make minor changes to ensure security. You may also not want to use the administrator account. Technically any user account with domain read rights will suffice. I created an account specifically for this purpose.

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image1uq0.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image2xa0.jpg

I’ve tried using drudnev:***** which is a domain admin account with no success either.

first get rid of the trailing semicolon in the baseDN.

second if your domain name is domain.arc.local then the correct UNC username would be drudnev@domain.arc.local.

also you can attach the images to your posts here, or embed them via the wysiwyg editor (the camera button).

without trailing semicolumn LDAP shows an error

my domain is ARC.LOCAL

post a picture of your ad tree from the Active Directory Users and Computers like this:

ScreenShot010.jpg

based on this pic my basedn is ou=accounts,dc=mtstravel,dc=com

This will get me all users and groups in the accounts OU.

the photo icon in wysiwyg editor is greyed out for me .

heres an attached screenie

wel according to that picture your baseDN would be ou=SBSUsers,ou=Users,ou=MyBusiness,dc=ARC,dc=local

what size would you like your shrine?