Windows Service - Openfire-service.exe not working

I am running Openfire 3.4.3 on Windows Server 2003.

I am trying to install a Service. instead of using the (Start Up) Folder

Iv tried a few ways… Manually doing so in the registery

Iv tried using srvany.exe

Iv also tried using \bin\Openfire-Service.exe

All methods are adding in the service list.

So far using the openfire-service.exe is the only one that actually opens openfire. BUT it states it couldnt open the service in a timely mannor and closes it.

when im configuring the service… im stating to use openfire.exe as the opening EXE

The documentation how to do this and other advanced features is at c:\Program Files\Openfire\documentation. For this specific case go to c:\Program Files\Openfire\bin and type: openfire-service /install then openfire-service /start.

Posted above in what iv tried…

Iv also tried using \bin\Openfire-Service.exe

I will define Tried, after attempting to use srvany.exe from http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=197

I then was looking at the diff .exes in BIN, noticed opefire.exe and openfied.exe, set registery to each. root boot. nothing. Oddly they both show up in Tast manager… then i noticed the openfire-service.exe ran it. … it allow wont start it. strangly all it does is set its service to its self, but i edited the entry in regedit to openfire.exe, started both it and ed.exe and the admin console came up. clients logged in… then it would state

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

But when I was at my home computer, I was able to get it to start but openfire-service /start … but not in (Windows Services) and clicking start. nor with reboot. .

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/install- guide.html

Under Windows Service… i used.

From a console window, you can run the following commands:

• openfire-service /install – installs the service.

• openfire-service /uninstall – uninstalls the service.

• openfire-service /start – starts the service

• openfire-service /stop – stops the service.