First of all: very big thanks for the really great jitsivideobridge plugin, Dele! Great work so far!
But even the good can get better. Therefor here’s my wishlist for newer versions:
- Increase stability. The jitsivideobridge plugin is quite new. I’m confident that stability will increase with each new version
- Support of other browser like Firefox. On http://mozilla.github.io/webrtc-landing/ it seems as if newer Firefox versions are WebRTC capable, although I don’t know any details of implementation.
- Reservation/Scheduled Meeting: more of a long term wish list. Maybe integration with iCal calendaring or such. Currently jitsivideobridge is a system for ad-hoc conferencing, but it would be nice to have something like “let us meet in 3 days in this meeting room!” You can already do this by creating a custom URL like r=testroom, but when another person guesses this s/he could hijack the URL. Using passwords might work, but what happens when I close my browser window?
- Support of native Clients like Jitsi. Having a browser capable video conference is great, but of course it would be nice if you could use your already video capable XMPP client as well.
- Configurable video image size/bandwidth limits: currently the standard resolution in config.js is “360”. Although this is a reasonable setting there might be cases where want to alter this setting without the need to change this setting to higher (=better quality) or lower (=saves bandwidth) settings per conference or even for every connecting user. This might apply to refresh rates as well.
- IPv6 support: at the moment config.js says "useIPv6: false, // ipv6 support. use at your own risk". IPv6 is a well established standard today and every application should support it out of the box.
Just some ideas that came to mind.