XEP-0144 - http://jabber.org/protocol/rosterx Namespace Supported?

I am attempting to utilize the Roster Item Exchange protocol outlined in XEP-0144. When I do a disco query from a C++ client to a Java client that has implemented Smack, is not listed as a supported feature. If I send an IQ Roster Item Exchange message from the C++ client to the Java client, I get a error. Despite various attempts, I haven’t succeeded at getting the Java client to broadcast its support for this feature. I also tried sending the Roster Item Exchange as a message rather than an IQ, but all of the attributes contained in the element are stripped out of the element before they get to PacketListener. I also explored using the jabber:iq:roster namespace, but I need to be able to suggest the modification and deletion of an item as well as the addition of an item.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Smack doesn’t support XEP-0144, rather it only has support for the XEP-0093 which appears to have been deprecated. So you’re C++ client will either have to use the older XEP-0093 or you’ll have to implement XEP-0144 in your Smack based client.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

Thank you for the help!