XIFF 3 Bugs / Legacy / Missing Features / Flash CS3

Hello,

some suggestions for XIFF 3:

Legacy: The XMLSocket stuff should be removed. It’'s not needed anymore. “flash”, “flashTerminated” and “standardTerminated” connection options should be eliminated to. They are not standard compliant. At least “standard” should be the default.

Bug: As long as XIFF 3 does not support XMPP 1.0 the version=“1.0” attribute have to be removed from the element. (XIFF 3 beta cannot do a login on a ejabberd server)

Incompatibility: Roster.as needs mx.collections.ArrayCollection, which is not supported by Flash CS3 (at least not in the default install).

Feature: SASL authentication would be nice to have.

Feature: Without HTTP Binding (BOSH) there is no way to encrypt the connection.

Legacy: The XMLSocket stuff should be removed. It’'s not needed anymore. “flash”, “flashTerminated” and “standardTerminated” connection options should be eliminated to. They are not standard compliant. At least “standard” should be the default.

Yeah, I agree. I need to fix some bugs in the new socket class first though.

Bug: As long as XIFF 3 does not support XMPP 1.0 the version=“1.0” attribute have to be removed from the element. (XIFF 3 beta cannot do a login on a ejabberd server)

Hm… I’ll need to look into that.

Incompatibility: Roster.as needs mx.collections.ArrayCollection, which is not supported by Flash CS3 (at least not in the default install).

Known, probably won’t be fixed.

Feature: SASL authentication would be nice to have.

Yeah, I need to generalize the SASL stuff in the BOSH code to work on all the socket types.

Feature: Without HTTP Binding (BOSH) there is no way to encrypt the connection.

Someone here (on ignite) was investigating ways to fix this, but I’m not sure what the current status is. It’s a tricky problem due to Flash’s lack of ssl support.