Yeah one of the major problems is the lack of documentation. Well, I’ve installed the SDK but it really doesn’t help much, only if you’re creating a Visual Studio app or a Metro one.
After lots of trial and error, I concluded that I only needed the access token to connect to the messenger, so I created a simple AIR Window with an htmlLoader that opened the authorization page with the app’s client id and the needed scopes. Then, when the user clicks accept, the htmlLoader reads the final URL, retrieves the accessToken and stores it for further use.
After this, it inites the XMPP client and connects to the microsoft’s service, using the accessToken as a service. The problem is that after a successfull connection, the client is automatically disconnected and never uses the SASL authentication.
After searching around in the Microsoft’s forums, I’ve found the logs of the data that is sent and received when a login is successfull: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/messengerconnect/thread/f9e58e8b-3 301-4018-acfa-60998b95d240 , but unfortunately i only get the first 2 lines, I never get the 3rd one.
If you want to take a look at the source, you can check it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45044488/AIRMessenger.rar
Sorry it is a mess, still has there all my other previous tests .