Yahoo Gateway Beta

I am an idiot. I install JRE 1.5 and for got to change my Java home.

Is there any installation instructions for using this with Jive?

Myron

Here are the steps that I have done so far. I will create a new list each time you can tell me how I screwed up. Maybe that will help someone else.

1. Downloaded 3 files gateway.jar, config.properties.template, and transports.properties.

2. Downloaded and installed JRE 1.5

3. Changed my JAVA_HOME to point to the new JRE

4. In the Jive plugin dir “cp config.properties.template config.properties”

5. Changed the file config.properties. Changed the vars: xmppserver=myserver.com, xmppport=10015

6. In my Jive server admin external-components-settings.jsp:

…Enabled - External components can connect to this server

…Port: 10015

…Default shared secret: test

…Allowed to Connect

…Anyone - Any component is allowed to connect to this server. Use the table below to override the default shared secret.

…Subdomain: yahoo.myserver.com

…Shared secret: test

1. In the Jive plugin dir “java -jar gateway.jar --config=config.properties --transports=transports.properties”

What did I miss because it still doesn’'t show up in my client as a transport. I am using Pandion client.

Myron

Here is the error I get:

Oct 7, 2005 9:43:19 AM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.ExternalGateway main

SEVERE: Unable to add component. Please ensure that the domain (yahoo.myserver.net) is correct and matches the secret phrase (test) on the server. Error from server: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Oct 7, 2005 9:46:28 AM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.ExternalGateway main

SEVERE: Unable to add component. Please ensure that the domain (loopback.myserver.net) is correct and matches the secret phrase (loopbacksecret) on the server. Error from server: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

INFO: Started external gateway 1.0.

Here is the error I am getting now:

Oct 7, 2005 9:43:19 AM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.ExternalGateway main

SEVERE: Unable to add component. Please ensure that the domain (yahoo.myserver.com) is correct and matches the secret phrase (test) on the server. Error from server: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

SEVERE: Unable to add component. Please ensure that the domain (loopback.myserver.com) is correct and matches the secret phrase (loopbacksecret) on the server. Error from server: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

INFO: Started external gateway 1.0.

Everything looks good for configuring messenger…thanks for sharing with everyone else.

You don’‘t need to copy gateway.jar and related files to the plugin jar. This might confuse messenger since it’'ll try to deploy anything in that directory.

Create a new directory /opt/gateways/yahoo (or something similar) and copy the three files there. Then run “java -jar gateway.jar --config=config.properties --transports=transports.properties” in that directory.

The error messages that you posted seem to indicate that it cannot connect to port 10015. Make sure that you don’‘t have iptables blocking that port. The easiest way to test is to run of iptables (services iptables stop) If you’‘re server is directly connected to the internet do not do this…you’'ve been warned[/b] ;). Try running the gateway again.

Help! I’'m stuck!

I’‘ve got the gateway running without errors… (finally) … but yahoo isn’'t listed in the services list.

This might be related, but not too sure… My jabber server uses the domain “mydomain.com” whereas the actual server is “server.mydomain.com” the yahoo client identifies itself as “yahoo.server.mydomain.com” and “loopback.server.mydomain.com” How can I make it “yahoo.mydomain.com” etc…?

No problems doing this with AIM or MSN (using the PyAIMt & PyMSNt)

I have checked out the code currently in SVN but it does not compile. Hence I fixed the compilation problem by adding a YahooForeignContact and updating the YahooGatewaySession. I managed to get the gateway working but I receive the following exception in the Jive error log every three seconds:

2005.11.03 19:14:29 org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.process(PresenceSubs cribeHandler.java:169) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.RoutingTableImpl.getRoute(RoutingTableImpl.java: 84)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.process(PresenceSub scribeHandler.java:137)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:103)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:3 01)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:208)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Do you have a patch for the fix? I can add to SVN and see if I can reproduce it.

Noah

I have a patch. I updated four files. How can I sent them to you?

I can’'t download the jar file !

Hello Noah,

Could you send the file gateway.jar to my email id seetesh_siemens@yahoo.com?

rgds,

Seetesh

Can You send it to me to?

bartek@wsiz.wroc.pl

Thx

Please, i need the patch

fernanmd@hotmail.com

Thanks

please email me the gateway.jar i can’'t seem to download it either

My email add is ramil@d3s.ph

can some one E-mail to me to plz debian007@gmail.com

Hi,

i’'ve tooked the Yahoo transport gateway from the svn trunk from url -

http://www.jivesoftware.org/fisheye/viewrep/svn-org/transports/trunk/

The problem is , the code is not compiling as in class ‘‘YahooGatewaySession’’ the reference of class ‘‘YahooForeignContact’’ is used, but the class ‘‘YahooForeignContact’’ is not available in the source.

can anyone help me in getting the YahooForeignContact.java file or atleast the link to download ‘‘gateway.jar’’.

thanks and regards,

Sachin

Actually i havnt found link to download the ‘‘gateway.jar’’

Until the subversion version is updated with the new code, you can download the gateway.jar from my server if you want. It used to work but I am not sure it is still working.

http://maarten.ectors.com/gateway.jar

Hi mectors,

I tried using yahoo gateway (gateway.jar), no success.

here i’'m explaning my scenario -

i’'m having a xmpp server running on domain say “xmppDomain” port “5222”.

now i want to connect to yahoo using the gateway.jar

(say yahoo server is running on url-yahooDomain, port - 23) .

for this ,

1. what are the changes i need to make and in which properties files to run it ?

2. shall i have to use the gateway as liberary with my xmpp server or i’'ve to run independently as a server to whom xmpp server will communicate it at some ip/port ?

please resolve my queries so that i can use it successfully.

thanks for giving the gateway.jar

thanks and regards,

Sachin

ok there seems to be a lack of instructions on how to use the yahoo gateway.

could we have the instructions as a sticky and the latest beta in the downloads section?

Thanks

Paul

I did not program the gateway, I just made it compile. To run it you have to create the both property files mentioned earlier in the thread and run it with the following command:

java -jar gateway.jar --config=config.properties --transports=transports.properties