Yahoo Gateway code fix

The yahoo transport in the gateway plugin beta6a and beta6b from svn have an issue regarding accepting newer style yahoo usernames. it won’'t accept newer style names like user.user@somedomain.com which users of SBC have that style yahoo ids. Theres a method in the YahooTransport.java file that checks if usernames are valid, the regular expression it uses “
w+” is only allowing alphanumeric characters in. a quick change of that to allow “.” and “@” seemed to fix it.

You shouldn’‘t allow @ in JIDs, since that’'s not allowed by the XMPP spec (except for the one used by the host-part).

The MSN transport does this, basically the the ids weren’‘t being allowed to be inserted into the gatewayregistration table in the database. If you compare the MSN transport it already allows this. If you don’'t allow "@domain.com" style accounts then you are blocking out all MSN users and a lot of yahoo users from being able to utilize the transports.

Message was edited by: linuxone

Message was edited by: linuxone

There’'s a XEP on this, which is followed by the gateway plugin. See the release notes of beta 6a.

linuxone wrote:

The yahoo transport in the gateway plugin beta6a and beta6b from svn have an issue regarding accepting newer style yahoo usernames. it won’'t accept newer style names like user.user@somedomain.com which users of SBC have that style yahoo ids. Theres a method in the YahooTransport.java file that checks if usernames are valid, the regular expression it uses "
w+" is only allowing alphanumeric characters in. a quick change of that to allow “.” and “@” seemed to fix it.

What’'s SBC? =) “In the past”, we have used % instead of @, so a JID will look something like:

ninja%mydomain.org@msn.jabber.whatever.org

However, after reading over one of the official XEPs, it turns out that we were ‘‘supposed’’ to be using JID escaping, which means using \40 instead of @. As for ., yeah, I didn’‘t think about that. What are the newer style usernames though? I’‘m not sure I’‘m familiar with this. I mean I’‘ve heard of being able to add MSN accounts on your Yahoo roster, but… is that the same thing? I’'ll create an issue about this, but I want to find out more about it first.