Yahoo Transport error and 100% cpu usage

Honestly I wasn’'t expecting a lot, but it was worth a shot. =( I wish I could duplicate it on my end…

I can still try to send you a VM if you are interested

A VM? =) Not sure what you mean.

Hah. Sorry. VM=virtual machine.

Oh, I just read back on what you said earlier. =) What would I use the virtual machine with? I don’'t have vmware, for example. I do have parallels desktop however. ;D

Well, I use vmware. You can download the free vmware player or server products.

Hrm. No OS X version. Well I have Windows and Linux handy as well so I can try it there. Would this be using your yahoo account (or test account) or would it just be your setup as you are using it, and so I would be trying my own accounts to see if they still work? If the latter is the case, hell, I could just let you borrow one of my test accounts briefly to see if it occurs for you with one of my accounts. =)

Well, I thought you could try your own accounts on my setup. I thought we had ruled out the account as the problem since a brand new account had the same problem. I dont want to cause you trouble but you have not been able to reproduce the error on your end. I just thought you could better troubleshoot the problem if you could debug it in my environment.

jadestorm wrote:

Hrm. No OS X version. Well I have Windows and Linux handy as well so I can try it there. Would this be using your yahoo account (or test account) or would it just be your setup as you are using it, and so I would be trying my own accounts to see if they still work? If the latter is the case, hell, I could just let you borrow one of my test accounts briefly to see if it occurs for you with one of my accounts. =)

Well sure, we’'ll try that route then. =) How do you want to make the vmware thingy (technical term) available to me? =D

Daniel,

I notice that this issue has been marked as fixed in version 1.1.0. When can this version be expected?

Thanks

=D “When I’'m done with it”? I really don’‘t know. The biggest feature of 1.1.0 is MUC/Groupchat support. I’‘ve completed it for IRC and am waffling on whether to just leave it for IRC for now and move on. Also doing some cleanup work. I just had my wisdom teeth removed so I’'ve been a tad out of commission for a bit.

still a bit of yahoo craziness with 1.1.0 beta but at least the 100% cpu usage is gone.

Would you mind elaborating on the craziness? ;D

haha. well i was maily referring to the failure to update the status and the problem with the authorization requests that i reported in the 1.1.0 beta thread.

Ah! =) Ok, no worries then