Yet another feature request list

Just want to start this off with how great this software is. I must’'ve tried ten different jabber clients before finding this one. It truly is not just better but blows away all of the other ones I tried. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication in creating this! Here are a few things I think would be good additions to Spark:

1. Auto-Reconnect feature

2. Larger Avatars – Both size on screen and file size, 20KB should not be too big of a file to upload, right now the current largest size is 8KB.

3. Alerts – when people login, or on new messages - like in msn messenger

4. Sounds

5. Smilies selector in the message window

6. Ability to change port number for file transfers

7. Ability to turn off spell check

8. On the Spark login window, I think it would make more sense to have a “Create an Account” button right there. Versus going through Advanced -> Account.

9. I think it would be benneficial to have a Log Out button right above the Exit option when you right click on the Spark icon in the system tray.

On a side note, I read on one of the posts that someone would like the “X” button on the Spark window to actually exit out of the software. I disagree, this should remain just like it is. It is right in line with how other messenger software work, i.e. msn messenger, aim.

Hi ajbang,

Thanks for your kind words As for your requests…

Most of these have been requested one way or another. However, there are a few that have not and I would agree that each of the feature requests you ask for (expect large avatars ) has a good possibility into getting into the next build or two.

So I filed some of your requests, since others were already filed.

Ability to change port number for file transfers

SPARK-118

On the Spark login window, I think it would make more sense to have a “Create an Account” button right there. Versus going through Advanced → Account.

SPARK-119

I think it would be benneficial to have a Log Out button right above the Exit option when you right click on the Spark icon in the system tray.

SPARK-120

Cheers,

Derek