1.0 Beta 4 Released!

Hi folk!

1.0 Beta 4 is now available from http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins-beta.jsp. This release includes a number of bug fixes outlined in the change log, and also “shows off” the web interface that Ryan wrote up a couple of months ago. (I had hidden it because it’‘s not yet functional) None-the-less, I thought it was worth showing off so I enabled it. It doesn’‘t -do- anything yet but hey. Oh, perhaps I should point out that I’‘m referring to the options/permissions/tests panels that show up under Settings. =) As always not all bugs are fixed yet, but there’'s a number of improvements in this one.

As for me, I’‘m excited about starting work on beta 5. I’'ve got some big things coming for it. (more than just bug fixes)

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

as I really like the change log I’'m also very interested in the known bugs just to know what one can (not) expect to work.

LG

Hi lt! Basically when I sid knowns bugs, I just meant that not every jira issue was closed. Basically the link you posted there is the equiv of known bugs. Are you recommending that I also post in the changelog some ‘‘big known bugs’’?

I will be installing this right now (and test it out)

To comment on your last note.

I think that mentioning the bug bugs in the changelog could be usefull. this way we know already before hand what will NOT work, and we don’'t have to pull our hairs out of our heads

(not all people check the bug tracker)

Really good work I tested it just now. However I still get the invalid db field error with the icq transport

Russian (cyrillic) charset from icq client to gateway plugin still not readable %-(.

Hi Daniel,

the often asked bugs and the annoying ones (for example a changed nickname value is not stored) should imho always be published, but Jivesoftware does not do this even if a new version introduces new bugs and one does better not use it if one needs some functions - so I wonder if you may do this.

As the IM Gateway is really beta software one may be really interested in what one can expect and what not. So at least a statement that one should take a look at the open issues before reporting a problem would not be wrong.

LG

So ICQ is now reflecting the Spark status. Good. Problems with contacts nicknames (my thread - represented with UINs) still there, so i gave up and renamed them manually. So now it works But it still doesnt show all contacts. In Miranda i have 5 contacts up (1 Online, 1 Invisible, 1 NA + Idle, 2 NA). In Spark i see 1 NA + Idle as Away, and 1 Online, 1 Invisible as Online. Well, i dont require gateway to show all the ICQ statuses, but where the hell other 2 NA has gone?

wroot wrote:

So ICQ is now reflecting the Spark status. Good. Problems with contacts nicknames (my thread - represented with UINs) still there, so i gave up and renamed them manually. So now it works But it still doesnt show all contacts. In Miranda i have 5 contacts up (1 Online, 1 Invisible, 1 NA + Idle, 2 NA). In Spark i see 1 NA + Idle as Away, and 1 Online, 1 Invisible as Online. Well, i dont require gateway to show all the ICQ statuses, but where the hell other 2 NA has gone?

Can you see the other two contacts show up in the debug logs when your buddy list is pulled down?

trk wrote:

Russian (cyrillic) charset from icq client to gateway plugin still not readable %-(.

Yeah, I didn’‘t get that functionality in for beta 4. =/ (in fact I’'m still trying to figure out how to go about doing this in java, not sure how to ‘‘detect’’ unicode in java yet)

Obi_Wan wrote:

Really good work I tested it just now. However I still get the invalid db field error with the icq transport

What kind of db field error? I don’'t recall this issue anymore. =/ Can you point me at it?

When I register to the ICQ transport it tells me:

Unknown error code returned from AIM: 12

URL: http://www.aim.com/errors/INVALID_DB_FIELDS.html?ccode=us&lang=en

in the debug log it tells me this:

2006.10.21 17:32:21 contactUpdated obi_wan:icqtest.jabber.st-city.net

2006.10.21 17:32:21 Sending packet:

2006.10.21 17:32:21 OSCAR login service state change from CONNECTED to NOT_CONNECTED

Edit: When I then try to login it shows the icq transport as online however no contacts from icq appear in my list.

Message was edited by: Obi_Wan

jadestorm wrote:

Can you see the other two contacts show up in the debug logs when your buddy list is pulled down?

You mean debug log of Wildfire? I see only MSN related lines here.

BTW, sometimes i still see some random contact in Online list with no status icon. This contact is actually offline. This is usually resolved after relogin or relaunching of Spark.

Ok. The log has updated. But there are a lot of stuff. What should i look for? E.g.

2006.10.21 18:57:01 Sending packet:

This contact isnt showing as Online.

Obi_Wan wrote:

When I register to the ICQ transport it tells me:

Unknown error code returned from AIM: 12

URL: AOL is part of the Yahoo family of brands

in the debug log it tells me this:

2006.10.21 17:32:21 contactUpdated obi_wan:icqtest.jabber.st-city.net

2006.10.21 17:32:21 Received presence packet:

2006.10.21 17:32:21 A new session has come online: obi_wan@jabber.st-city.net/Psi

2006.10.21 17:32:21 OSCAR login service state change from NOT_CONNECTED to INITING

2006.10.21 17:32:21 OSCAR login service state change from INITING to RESOLVING

2006.10.21 17:32:21 OSCAR login service state change from RESOLVING to CONNECTING

2006.10.21 17:32:21 OSCAR login service state change from CONNECTING to CONNECTED

2006.10.21 17:32:21 Sending packet: Unknown error code returned from AIM: 12

URL: AOL is part of the Yahoo family of brands

2006.10.21 17:32:21 OSCAR login service state change from CONNECTED to NOT_CONNECTED

This is still the GATE-97 bug. It needs to be fixed at the joscar level. =/

Edit: When I then try to login it shows the icq transport as online however no contacts from icq appear in my list.

GATE-99

wroot wrote:
jadestorm wrote:

You mean debug log of Wildfire? I see only MSN related lines here.

BTW, sometimes i still see some random contact in Online list with no status icon. This contact is actually offline. This is usually resolved after relogin or relaunching of Spark.

Look for the term: Found buddy item

Will look something like:

2006.10.21 13:31:29 Found buddy item: BuddyItem for smallkittydippy (buddy 0x1 i

n group 0x2722): alias=smallkittydippy, comment=“null”, alerts: at id 1

it2000 wrote:

Hi Daniel,

the often asked bugs and the annoying ones (for example a changed nickname value is not stored) should imho always be published, but Jivesoftware does not do this even if a new version introduces new bugs and one does better not use it if one needs some functions - so I wonder if you may do this.

As the IM Gateway is really beta software one may be really interested in what one can expect and what not. So at least a statement that one should take a look at the open issues before reporting a problem would not be wrong.

LG

Yeah, I could see how that would be useful. =) I’'ll try to start doing that in the future.

OK, this is some examples from the yesterday log:

2006.10.21 18:56:39 AIM got buddy item BuddyItem for 2582***** (buddy 0x7252 in group 0x1): awaiting auth - alias=Ju*****, comment=“null”, alerts:

2006.10.21 18:56:39 Found buddy item: BuddyItem for 2582***** (buddy 0x7252 in group 0x1): awaiting auth - alias=Ju*****, comment=“null”, alerts: at id 29266

2006.10.21 18:56:39 Found buddy item: BuddyItem for 2582***** (buddy 0x7f7f in group 0x1): alias=Ju*****, comment=“null”, alerts: at id 32639

More importantly, are you seeing any of those lines that include the people who you are not seeing in your contact list? (those lines represents buddies found on the buddy list server, so if you do not see the uin’‘s of the people you were not seeing, then they are not on your server side buddy list for whatever reason) Miranda/other clients may be handling them locally. (I kind of hate that it’'s possible to do that)

The lines above is about contact which is not seen online, and which is seen online in Miranda. Ok, so i have installed official ICQ client after all, and i see that this contact is in Awaiting Autorisation list, not in Online. Oh… i hate all this IM stuff. That’‘s why i’‘m not starting with Skype, MSN etc. This is too messy. But i have few friends in ICQ so i’'m still keeping that messeger.

This Awaiting Authorisation list is huge, but i’‘m talking to them in Miranda without problems. Hm… maybe this because of gateway. One my friend was complaining that i’'m always asking for re-autorisation when i was using gateway.