1.0 Beta 4 Released!

wroot wrote:

The lines above is about contact which is not seen online, and which is seen online in Miranda. Ok, so i have installed official ICQ client after all, and i see that this contact is in Awaiting Autorisation list, not in Online. Oh… i hate all this IM stuff. That’‘s why i’‘m not starting with Skype, MSN etc. This is too messy. But i have few friends in ICQ so i’'m still keeping that messeger.

I know whatcha mean. =) Not that XMPP doesn’‘t have it’'s own flaws. Anyway, GATE-101

This Awaiting Authorisation list is huge, but i’‘m talking to them in Miranda without problems. Hm… maybe this because of gateway. One my friend was complaining that i’'m always asking for re-autorisation when i was using gateway.

Yeesh. I can’‘t recall what direction that is. I -think- that means that you are waiting on them to click “ok authorize this person”. This is primarily handled on the OSCAR servers so I don’‘t know why your friend would be getting re-requested auths JUST when you log into the gateway. Weird. Anyway, I’'ll look into it. Thanks for tracking down what the difference between the working and not working contacts is! =)

Hi Daniel,

since switching from beta3 to beta4 wildifre uses nearly 100% CPU from several minutes after starting.

already with beta3 i had the problem (and still have it) that my only icq2003 contact on the icq contact can’'t write anything to me. the messages just disappear. my messages are delivered correctly. the problem does not exist with any others of my icq contacts.

raimund

rhuber wrote:

Hi Daniel,

since switching from beta3 to beta4 wildifre uses nearly 100% CPU from several minutes after starting.

Is it only you using it? How many contacts would you say you have on all of your legacy accounts?

already with beta3 i had the problem (and still have it) that my only icq2003 contact on the icq contact can’'t write anything to me. the messages just disappear. my messages are delivered correctly. the problem does not exist with any others of my icq contacts.

Oh hell. I know what causes this. Not sure if joscar has proper support for it though. I’‘ll have to check. (basically there are two different methods of sending messages from ICQ land, one of them is “old and busted” and there’‘s another that’‘s the same as AIM and is the new hotness… 2003 I think uses the old and busted) Of course I’‘m working on a rewrite of the OSCAR stuff so that may actually take care of this for us. (they might already be accounting for these other types of messages… if not I guess I’'m going to be hacking on joscar code)

Error logs from beta4:

2006.10.22 18:47:01 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.inputExce ptionThrown(YahooSessionListener.java:191) Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3

at ymsg.network.YMSG9Packet.merge(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveList(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.process(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.run(Unknown Source)

2006.10.22 18:47:01 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.inputExce ptionThrown(YahooSessionListener.java:191) Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread

ymsg.network.YMSG9BadFormatException: Bad parse of online friends in logon packet

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveLogon(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:336)

at ymsg.network.UserStore.get(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session.updateFriendsStatus(Unknown Source)

… 3 more

Yahoo seems a pain, I’'ve had several issues with it. Frequently, the MSN connector fail with my client (Adium, OSX). An error about MSN is shown on my screen, but nothing in the log files. Usually a reconnect fixes that right up.

StashTheVampede wrote:

Error logs from beta4:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3

at ymsg.network.YMSG9Packet.merge(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveList(Unknown Source)

ymsg.network.YMSG9BadFormatException: Bad parse of online friends in logon packet

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveLogon(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:336)

at ymsg.network.UserStore.get(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session.updateFriendsStatus(Unknown Source)

… 3 more

How interesting! This actually includes a little more information than I’‘ve seen to date. Specifically, the bad parse stuff. Hrm… I don’'t suppose you added an MSN contact to your yahoo list have you?

Yahoo seems a pain, I’'ve had several issues with it. Frequently, the MSN connector fail with my client (Adium, OSX). An error about MSN is shown on my screen, but nothing in the log files. Usually a reconnect fixes that right up.

I’‘m almost convinced that MSN has “one bad login server”. Because even with a real MSN client I’‘ve been having moments where I try to connect and get rejected, and then try again and it’'s fine. =/ They have a “nexus” node which you connect to which points you at a MSN login server.

rhuber wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Is it only you using it? How many contacts would you say you have on all of your legacy accounts?

Two jabber users, one user on the icq and aim gateway with about 40 icq and one or two aim contacts.

jadestorm wrote:

Oh hell. I know what causes this. Not sure if joscar has proper support for it though. I’‘ll have to check. (basically there are two different methods of sending messages from ICQ land, one of them is “old and busted” and there’‘s another that’‘s the same as AIM and is the new hotness… 2003 I think uses the old and busted) Of course I’‘m working on a rewrite of the OSCAR stuff so that may actually take care of this for us. (they might already be accounting for these other types of messages… if not I guess I’'m going to be hacking on joscar code)

/*

How interesting! This actually includes a little more information than I’‘ve seen to date. Specifically, the bad parse stuff. Hrm… I don’'t suppose you added an MSN contact to your yahoo list have you?

*/

Nope, haven’'t added an MSN contact in a long while.

MSN sucks (for the most part). ICQ/AIM seem to be the most stable setups, but most of my friends have moved to Yahoo/MSN.

Hi all

I’‘ve installed the IM Gateway plugin and I try to use ICQ transport - it’'s work

I want to archiv all messages with Enterprise plugin - it’‘s work, BUT it archiv only outgoing messages to external ICQ user and don’'t archiv incoming

messages fromexternal ICQ user to my

The local conversation is archiv good

Any ideas?

GATE-104

Vol wrote:

Hi all

I’‘ve installed the IM Gateway plugin and I try to use ICQ transport - it’'s work

I want to archiv all messages with Enterprise plugin - it’‘s work, BUT it archiv only outgoing messages to external ICQ user and don’'t archiv incoming

messages fromexternal ICQ user to my

The local conversation is archiv good

Any ideas?

Gato and Alex and investigating what might need to be done for this. If all else fails there are things I can do within the plugin itself, but there might be a “better way”.

when can I found Gato and Alex topic

Vol,

This issue should be fixed for the just-released 3.1.1 version of Wildfire Enterprise.

Regards,

Matt

I’'m using IM Gateway Beta 4.

If I log in to my ICQ Transport using Psi and not Spark, my ICQ contacts do not show up. Logged in once via Spark retrieves my contact list and afterwards it is visible in any client (also Psi).

acidix

Any chance Psi was the very first client you tried with the plugin, then you switched to spark after? (like had you logged in with spark after registering with the icq transport before you found out it wasn’‘t behaving with Psi?) For what it’'s worth, I do all my testing with Psi. =)

i installed the plugin, opened up psi and registered with the transport. after this no contacts were there. then i fired up Spark and saw all my contacts rising up even with correct nicknames …

If I were to bet, I would say that what probably happened is not that it didn’‘t work with Psi then, but rather that it worked on the “second login and from then on”. Like when you first registered it didn’'t properly catch your logged in state. Theoretically if you log out and in via Psi you would have gotten the same effect. Definitely something to investigate.

no, it definately doesn’'t work with psi. i checked it from another account who wants to use the icq transport. not even restarting psi and logging in to icq again does the trick …

once logged in via spark the contact list is available on every client … really strange behaviour.

Extremely bizarre because, like I said, I use Psi exclusively for testing and have never seen this behavior. =) What version of Psi? I’‘d be really interested in seeing a dump from Psi’‘s xml console (with your passwords and whatever other info you want to hide removed) if you wouldn’'t mind sending it to me. (send directly to jadestorm@nc.rr.com)

Today I updated to Wildfire 3.1.1 and it seems to be working now … i’'ll post my experiences.

BTW great work guys, wildfire and the transports are working just too nice

ok, step backward, it isn’‘t working … i recreated my jabber account to check that it’'s working and - wah - no contacts via psi …

what exactly shall i send to you? i was unable to find any log file atm …

thanks for your help

thomas uhde

update: it isn’'t working via Spark either …

Message was edited by: acidix