Auto Accept all subscriptions

We are using multiple different clients on Wildfire 2.4.0. We would like all users to automatically be able to add any user to their roster without having to wait for a manual subscription acceptance from the other user.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

thx…

Hi Jason,

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Yes, you could create a shared group (Admin Console → Users/Groups → Groups) and then configure the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins.jspregistration plugin[/url] to automatically add new users to that group.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

1 Like

That is a good suggestion.

The problem is that we anticipate having several thousand users. I don’'t want everyone to see everyone.

I have already used your group suggestion to create a “Support” group that everyone can see.

I just want to set it up so that users don’'t have to worry about accepting subscriptions from other users. We are using LDAP authentication and will not be using the group features for everyone.

Thanks,

Jason

The problem is that we anticipate having several

thousand users. I don’'t want everyone to see

everyone.

Ah, yes, I could see how that could get out of hand.

A couple of other alternatives would be to use a client like Exodus that can be configured to automatically accept all incoming subscription requests. Or, if you wanted to use another client, you could write a plugin that intercepts all subscription requests and automatically accepts them.

Cheers,

Ryan

But there is no specific way to do it server side?

But there is no specific way to do it server side?

No, not out of the box there isn’‘t, but a plugin could be written to intercept and accept all subscription requests on behalf of the recipient. If this is something you’'d be interested in let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

This would be great for my setup too.

we would absolutely be interested in it. The main reason behind this request is that we are going to be taking users from AIM, MSN, Yahoo, where these types of requests don’‘t exist and moving them to the Jabber world. The easier I can make that transition the better. Since every user is in our company, I’'m not worried about subscription rejections.

I have a feeling a lot of Wildfire users would benefit from this.

I’'d like to be able to simply say

" Server automatically accepts all subscription requests"

jason

A plugin that would auto accept subscription requests would be great for our organization.

We have also been noticing spotty performance accepting subscriptions using our web client, so this has taken on even more significance.

Any body want to take this on?

Hi Jason,

We have also been noticing spotty performance accepting subscriptions using

our web client, so this has taken on even more significance.

I don’'t know in this case if an automatic subscription plugin will help. Are people not getting subscription requests or do they just not know what to do when then get them?

Any body want to take this on?

I’'m in a url=http://pragmaticstudio.com/rails/index.htmlclass[/url] the next couple of days but I should have something ready in the next day or two to show you all.

Thanks,

Ryan

It appears that all the requests are received, just not properly processed sometimes. Most users don’'t understand that concept and we are just trying to take it out of the equation.

I am also very interested in a plugin (or setting in the core) that would not require users to accept subscription requests.

Hi All,

Unfortunately, I just have not had time to work on a solution for this request. If people are interested in collaborating on a solution drop me a Private Message and I’'m sure we could figure out a solution.

Thanks,

Ryan

Jason

I believe that yahoo has subscription authentication. Yeh it would be and interesting solution because I am using psi and the way it handles is not very simple. Both user has to do clicking several times (2-3) alternatingly before, the user can be added to the list. For me I want the subscription authentication to be there but my issue would have to be solved on client side only.

Regards,

wmhtet

I found in Psi 0.10 the following setting:

Options->Events->Auto-authorize contacts

Perhaps this helps.

It is helpful, but unfortunately we don’‘t use PSI. Most of my users will use Miranda, and I want to allow them to use whatever client they choose, thus my request to do this server side. I hope someone will step up to help Ryan build this plug-in. Unfortunately, I am just a Business Analyst and have no programming skills so I can’'t help him out.

Thanks,

j

Auto subscription would be great here also.

Can this idea be added as a feature request? How would I do that? It appears that there are several users out there who would benefit from this.

" I want to allow them to use whatever client they choose"

J, I think that it is better that you only allow them to use one client if possible so that you won’'t have headache troubleshooting bugs for several clients. Just my opinion.

Regards,

wmhtet