Auto Accept all subscriptions

Ditto for my org also. That is the most cumbersome part of deploying. A lot of people second guess using the system when I have to go through that process of getting people set up.

Great work on the system though!

Cheers.

Hi All,

Iā€™'ve attached an early beta version of a plugin that will intercept and accept all subscription requests.

Please be sure to read the readme.html document before deploying this plugin. This release of the plugin is not intended[/b] for production use, rather it was released to gather feedback from the community.

Thanks,

Ryan

PS - I will check this code into subversion and have it added to the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins.jspplugins download page[/url] after people have had a chance to use it and help sort out any bugs that may exist.

Message was edited by: ryang

Fantastic. Iā€™'ll put it to work and let you know.

Thank you!

Cheers.

The plug-in worked just fine for me. In my tests, all requests were accepted and I didnā€™'t receive the request on any account. I did get some errors in the log though, and they all look like this:

2006.02.17 09:55:49 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(In terceptorManager.java:234)

] Error in interceptor

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SubscriptionPlugin.interceptPacket(Subscriptio nPlugin.java:52)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int erceptorManager.java:222)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:44 2)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:241)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi palpable,

Thanks for the feedback. Iā€™'ll be releasing a new version of the plugin later today that has some management features and fixes the error you reported.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Hi All,

Iā€™ā€˜ve posted a new version (1.0 - Beta 2) of the subscription plugin in the post above. I canā€™ā€˜t seem to delete the old version from the post so youā€™'ll want to download the larger (10.6 K) subscription.jar to get the new version.

Thanks,

Ryan

This new version didnā€™ā€˜t work for me. I donā€™'t get any errors or warnings, but neither does it accept subscriptionsā€¦

Hi Palpable,

Did you configure the plugin by going into Subscription Properties sidebar item which can found under the Sever tab after you sign into the Wildfire Admin console?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

Yes, that was the problem. Oops. It works fine now, thanks.

Yes, that was the problem. Oops. It works fine

now, thanks.

Good to hear. I changed the default behavior of the plugin to not do anything since I didnā€™'t want people deploying it without understanding what was going to happen.

Hi,

I have two server connected with users.

After installed the plugin, with all option, and rerequesting auth on remote user I recieve 403: Forbidden error.

Please could you explain whet does this mean.

Thanx.

Hi Yan,

Is the remote server running Wildfire?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi ryang,

Yes both of servers are running on Wildfire 2.5, and use different LDAP servers.

Hi Yan,

Yes both of servers are running on Wildfire 2.5, and use different LDAP servers.

Are users able to ā€œmanuallyā€ subscribe to each other?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Yes I can manually subscribe!

Thanx

Here is log when iā€™'m use All option.

2006.03.10 11:17:54 Could not route packet

Hi Yan,

Thank you for the additional information. Iā€™ā€˜ll continue to look into the problem and see if I canā€™'t figure out a fix.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan, thanx for your work - it helps a lot.

But for me, it only works with wildfire 2.5 and not with 2.6.0a or 2.6.2.

Is it possible to make it work on 2.6?

here is the only 1 type of exceptions logged, it happened 2 times (i had tried subscription very many times) as follows:

2006.05.19 17:47:44 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(In terceptorManager.java:239)

] Error in interceptor

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SubscriptionPlugin.interceptPacket(Subscriptio nPlugin.java:52)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int erceptorManager.java:227)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:44 3)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:242)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanx

Nick

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, since the plugin has changed since I initially posted it Iā€™ā€˜m not able to diagnose what is causing this exception. If youā€™'d like, I can send you the latest version of the plugin for you to try to see if the problem goes away and/or to see if it would give us a better idea of what is causing the problem to begin with. Let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, Pls let me try it.