Error since updating to 1.10

chuckle Hard to determine if it’s a Spark problem or a gateway problem then. There are certainly a set of problems that appear to be Spark only. (in fact I run into quite a few myself that I never see with any other client) Generally from all of the logs I don’t see that the plugin is doing anything wrong. Sending proper stanzas. Seeing your legacy buddy lists, updating it internally via openfire which should carry the changes over to Spark. All “appears” to be ok. Could you send me a log in which you are adding a new contact? Maybe I could tell something from that.

Oh BTW, I was having a -lot- of problems with Spark until I disabled compression in Openfire. (client compression) Any chance you could try turning that off and see if that helps anything? I don’t know if you can tweak things like that on the fly.

Do you have an account for any other gateway other than msn? I will purge my debug logs then add it if you do.

Sure, I’ve got a ton of them. Try phoebe@vorpalcloud.org (one of my test accounts)

BTW, I’m on EST as well and have been on all morning.

(of course, unless I’ve permitted you back, MSN won’t send through our presences, it’s very restrictive)

I have a ton of accounts we could chat over though. I’ll PM you. (note that I have a real job and am at it right now, so I may not be able to talk exclusively about it, depends on how things are going at the time)

same here for the real job. Which gateway is phoebe@vorpalcloud.org?

Every time I add a new gateway account the buddies group for AOL goes away, until I exit spark and reload after a short period of time. Secondly when I launch spark in the morning (my computer is set to reboot everynight) the AOL buddies group does not show. I must logout and right back in then it does show.

I’m definitely seeing this as well. I have spark set to autologin when I log into my PC every morning. I have the MSN gateway in spark set to “Sign in at Login,” and I don’t have my AIM set to “Sign in at Login.”

If I log out of Spark and log back in, my MSN contacts appear. I then set my AIM to Sign in at Login, I logged back out, logged back into spark, and then all my AIM contacts appeared as well. Seems many people are seeing this behavior as well.

How many of you who are having “weird problems” like this are using LDAP with Openfire?

I have the Default setup, no LDAP.

Well that completely kills my theory. ;D

Ok, we’ve discovered some things that -shouldn’t- be causing a problem, but are. Why we’re not sure yet. One of the folk I’m working with at the moment is aiming to try to get me some XML communication logs between Spark and the transport. Hopefully that’ll enlighten me. Otherwise, still trying to figure this out. I don’t want to release 1.1.1 until this is figured out, but I may punt at some point and release 1.1.1 as an improvement and shoot for 1.1.2 to figure this out… at least get folk on the same page. If you can afford to, please bear with me. Otherwise I recommend punting back to 1.0.2 in the meantime.

I was curious this morning, so I uninstalled Spark 2.5.5. Renamed the C:\Program Files\Spark directory and reinstalled Spark 2.5.4. Then when I logged in my MSN automatically connected and I could see my group and (1 contact). I set the AIM to autologon and logged out and logged back in to spark and my AIM group loaded up with online contacts.

Couldn’t get AIM to log in and display groups and online contacts when selecting “sign in.” But if I have the gateways autologin, they connect fine.

Hi all, I’d like to throw out that I’m having the same issue with contacts either not displaying as online or not displaying at all. It all started after upgrading the Gateway to 1.1.0. I’m on an office LAN running M$ server 2003, LDAP connection, clients are all 2.5.4.

Same issues as other posts: when users log in in the morning their gateway contacts often don’t appear. We have a mix of AIM and MSN gateway contacts, depending on the user. Usually closing and re-opening Spark a couple of times will bring the Gateway contacts back, but it’s still a bit of a pain.

Thanks much!

Can I especially ask you all to check out: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/28430

If this pans out, I’ve figured out what the problem is, just need to research why Spark doesn’t like what I’m doing. (more to the point, I can also put out a real release that has the workaround in it)

I can see you online now. I still had to log out and log back in after the initial start when I logged onto the domain for the contact lists to show.

AIM contacts loaded fine, I then logged out of AIM and tried to log back in and the contact list didn’t come back up.