Sip Phone Plugins

And a Linux version for Spark SIP Phone plugin will be developed ?

Thanks.

Barata7,

I’ve already had my accounts created on my SIP server. What I’ve tried to say was that SIP Phone plugin doesn’t start. So the dialpad doesn’t appear on Spark.

Eu tenho as contas jå criadas no Servidor Asterisk e tb jå fiz o mapeamento dessas contas no Servidor Openfire. Só que quando eu inicio o cliente spark, o Plugin SIP não inicializa e consequentemente o discador não aparece no cliente Spark. Eu uso o cliente Spark 2.5.8 em estaçÔes Windows.

Regards,

Eduardo

When you setup your sip phone mappings in openfire, did you click the test

button?

Did it pass.

If it failed, then your openfire server can

not see the asterisk server.

On Mon, December 3, 2007 11:38 am,

When I click the test button I recieve an error (Timeout), but I can make calls anyway (with some problem yet).

Trapper, your tip solve part of my problem.

Thanks.

Where are you making calls from. I thought the spark dialpad does not show

up?

In Spark, it looks like it doesn’t work for me also. Until I call myself. The test in Openfire fails, and the dialpad in Spark doesn’t ever start so this is really unusable, but I thought it was interesting that I had Spark running and Openfire and my SIP server (Zultys MX250) configured.

I was seeing the same trouble as most of you report- i.e. the test in Openfire admin failing and the dialpad in Spark was not appearing, I was about to give up, but then my phone rang and Spark notified me of the call. This is when I realized it was partially working
 This has years of development work left (in my opinion) to be of any use to me. Zultys already has an IM client/SIP phone called MXIE that has been around for 5 years and works perfectly. It can integrate seamlessly with openfire for external IM and the SIP phone stuff just works.

I can see and use the Spark dialpad. Callings are completed, but in one machine we can hear nothing. I think it is a Windows problem.

But the connections, registrations, etc are all fine. The plugin is working in both Openfire and Spark.

Great, almost there

I had the same problem.

I resolved my issue by adding the

externip=mypublicip and the nat=yes in the sip.conf file.

I also had

to add nat=yes to my sif extensions conf file int he sip.d

directory.

On Mon, December 3, 2007 11:56 am, bjsvec

I’ll take a look in MXIE.

But the Spark plugin problem is because I was trying to use it in Linux, and It runs just in Windows and Mac.

It is a NAT issue.

VoIP connection are made on port 5060 but he audio

is a random high port.

Computers on the same LAN and Subnet will

work, but as soon connecting or passing though any other computers or

devices outside the same lan will fail, unless you tell asterisk what its

local nets are, and what its exterial ip is.

This way asterisk can

route packets effiently.

this is done i the sip.conf file on the

asterisk server.

Please add the localnet, nat and externip to your

sip.conf.

look at my example further up on this forum.

Travis

I use Twinkle in linux, and it works like a champ.

Travis

On

The computers are in the same network.

My problem is about codecs. If we call from Spark to a Polycom VoIP Phone, there is no sound in one direction. We have a similar problem in a client and we correct that reencoding the packets.

We’ll do this and report later.

I use Twinkle on linux. It works like a champ.

On Mon, December

I need a XMPP and SIP client, so Twinkle is not an option.

Check Zultys MXIE.

http://zultys.com/index.jsp?tab=productdetail&type=options&detail=summary-mxie&p roduct=mxie&site=US

It does XMPP, SIP and much more. It does require Zultys SIP server though, so you won’t use it with Asterisk.

The whole reason I was trying out Spark/Openfire/Asterisk was to see if there was any competition. I sell Zultys systems and people often say they are doing all these things for free with Asterisk, etc
 Zultys is not free, but all this stuff just works and is very easy to configure and admin.

I need to use Asterisk and Openfire, so I’ll continue to try Spark and SIP plugin.

Thanks

Gizmo is supposed to do that.

And it now allows you to add your own

sip server.

But I have not got the jabber part if to work properly

yet.

This ttimeout issue ight be a firewall blocking access to your SIP Server, or multiple Network IPs in your Openfire Server.

Can you tell me if it matches any of this causes?

Best Regards,

Thiago

Firewall is not the problem. Maybe the question with IPs, cause we have 3 ethernet cards, but I configure asterisk with the outside IP.