Spark 2.0.2 Released

We are pleased to announce the release of Spark 2.0.2. This has some great fixes (connection issues, presence issues) along with some nice polish. Matt wrote up a great blog entry to discuss it further.

Blog: http://www.jivesoftware.com/blog/

Download: http://www.jivesoftware.org/downloads.jsp#spark

Enjoy,

Derek

Outstanding!

Hey Derek, What happened to the special features in spark? The task manager and the scratch pad?

I was usin those!

They are still in there

ctrlf5 and ctrlf6

Also, check out ctrl+f

-Derek

Also, check out ctrl+f

What a tease, Derek. You really made my fingers twisted just to make sure it’'s a joke

Anyway, I was hoping that there is a nice IRC button above the roster in this release. But unfortunately…

Adding:

I just read the blog. So, I was wrong.

The ctrl+f doesn’‘t work anyway. I just have one contact on my roster. It’'s a test environment. Will it only work if there are tons of contacts or is it a bug?

Message was edited by: aznidin

NICE!

I missed the functionality of the hidden features in 2.0.1. Nice to see 2.0.2 is better than ever

Keep it up!

The only thing that could possibly make this better would be the nested shared group feature expected in wildfire-3.1.0

I meant everything I said in that Im session Derek. WTFG!

Wellll… You can do nested shared groups, you just need to use a particular naming convention

ex.

If I wanted to have the following nesting:

Buddies

– Work

– Personal

You would create a shared groups like this:

Buddies::Work

Buddies::Personal

Just don’'t tell anyone.

-Derek

Hi Derek,

CtrlF doesn’'t work for me on the contact list and chat window. The “Find users” widget pops up on CtrlN on contact list only. Is this the correct behavior?

Hi Derek,

I didn’'t yet install 2.0.2 but CtrlF will be a good thing if it works, and as I read Matts blog, especially “Some group chat servers such as conference.jabber.org host an enormous number of group chat rooms.” I did wonder if CtrlF should work also there.

LG

hello,

I just ran the upgrade, but now after logging on, I am only able to say connected for about 5 seconds and it disconnects me and displays an error of: Your connection was closed due to an error.

Any ideas as to why?

I found this information, which may be helpful:

thanks,

Brian

Message was edited by: balderman

Some more…

Keyboard scrolling and selection on “Find Users” widget work (chat window appears), but not mouse-click.

No joy with the nested groups function.

Any chance you could PM me some screenshots with an example?

Hi,

The nested group works for me. To create one, I just clicked the menu “Contacts->Add Contact Group”. On the popup “Add New Group” window I entered something like “Buddies::Work”. Note the double colons. And the group appears in a tree-like fashion. Sorry I don’'t have an image to show.

Ah…Now I see the confusion.

I was attempting to deploy this from within wildfire as a shared group.

Check that. IT WORKS!!!

NICE GOIN DEREK!

In case this comes up for anyone else…the issue was spaces. No spaces can be used or for some reason it doesn’'t work.

The other issue I’'m seeing is presence.

offline group members aren’'t being placed in the offline group. They remain in the nested group but greyed out.

So the function works, but it needs tweaking. I’'ll play some more though

Message was edited by: jaylakes

jaylakes wrote:

The other issue I’'m seeing is presence.

offline group members aren’'t being placed in the offline group. They remain in the nested group but greyed out.

I didnt know that. Actually this is great Dont like this offline group anyway.

UPD: seems that this is not working like that for me. Offline users are still in one Offline group even for nested groups.

Hi!

In changelog I see that the German translation is avialable since 2.0.2 version however I can’‘t see where could I switch to it. Nevertheless this translation is not important to me, I am interested in Polish translation. I realize it’'s unavialable right now but I would like to create it by myself. Is there a real chance I could do it by myself? If there is a need I could share it for public release.

Kind regards,

Krzysztof

kris23 wrote:

Hi!

In changelog I see that the German translation is avialable since 2.0.2 version however I can’'t see where could I switch to it.

It depends on your Regional Settings. So either you should switch to German reg.set.

Nevertheless this translation is not important to me, I am interested in Polish translation. I realize it’'s unavialable right now but I would like to create it by myself. Is there a real chance I could do it by myself? If there is a need I could share it for public release.

A lot of same questions, and no right answer from developers. I have created a thread about that

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=22206

You can start translating right now, before you find out how to convert/include it. Go to Spark directory and go inseide \lib\spark.jar archive There you will find i18n directory. Extract spark_i18n.properties and you can start translating strings. If you check spark_i18n_pt_BR.properties you will see that some chars are converted to codes, but we dont know yet who should be converting it.

Ctrl-F is working fine for me (Windows), with mouse-doubleclick and Enter key.

Elo,

Just found the ctrl-f5 (task) / ctrl-f6 (notes) stuff. Great!

Can we have these added to the menu system (actions?)?

ctrl-f is a pain as we have those newfangled media keyboards that dont have the f keys enabled by default (there used for undo / redo / new / open / blah blah) and so going via f lock ctrl-{f whatever} is a pain… and also there fairly unknown features hidden by a keypress rather than a menu system (how many users actually know these top functions exist??).

Cheers

Ian.

p.s. notes added to users would be great!!! i.e. when a convo window is open you can add specific notes ‘‘tagged’’ to another user.

I’‘m using the custom skinned version 2.0.2 and the ctrl+f isn’'t working for me…

The f6 & f5 work though…

Currently i’'m the only logged in user… so maybe thats it?

Otherwise, possibly a bug with the skinned client?

Thanks

Jason