Spark 2.9.2 search problem

search.service = deneme.local

The number of users is not that important. Do you import users from AD/LDAP?
Do your usernames has spaces, like “xxx yyy”? I mean usernames, not the actual names.

Usernames are “xxx.yyy” with periods between them. For example, his name is Ufuk Hamza, his username is “ufuk.hamza”.
"no signs

This doesn’t sound right. Search service should be in a form search.your_Openfire_domain.
In this case it seems that it is set as the name of your AD domain. As i have never used AD integration, i can’t say if this is normal, but i think it is not.

In Admin Console on the first page what is set as XMPP Domain Name? Maybe you can’t say it here. But if it is for example “chatserver.org”, then your search service should be search.chatserver.org.

Have tried with dots. Still works for me.

Well, i am using a slightly newer version. You can try it, but i don’t think it will change anything for you. https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1499/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/
Probably need the with-jre version. Unless you install Java separately.

There was no problem with spark 2.8.3, my teacher, this problem occurred after 2.9. I uninstalled it and reverted to the old version. At this time, the user conversation screens do not turn off and remain on the screen. Somehow I will figure it out but how. Thanks

I will download spark_2_9_3-SNAPSHOT-with-jre.exe and try. I think nothing changes, but I will write to you tomorrow. Thanks. Good evening

I understand that it works in 2.8.3. But there were a lot of changes during these 3 years before 2.9 release. So we need to figure out why it is not working for you for us to be able to fix it. I can’t reproduce this so far.

As for your 2.8.3 not closing chat window is because of a bug that was in 2.9 at some point and now your Spark profile has files from 2.9 version. You need to exit Spark, go to C:\users\your_user\AppData\Roaming\Spark and delete plugins folder.

1 Like

Thank you guys, I found a lot of solutions here. At the same time, my English is not that good, I translate from Google, but we get along.

If these problems are fixed in 2.9, this version is great.

I am using AD.
I don’t know why I have no flags in my form.
Can you share your settings for this plugin?
Here are the settings for this plugin I have.

I don’t have these settings. The only system property related to search i have is personsearch.enabled.

Maybe this is related to AD, but there was a report that search in AD started working at some point. https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-1873 But maybe it doesn’t work for everyone and we need to reopen it.

Can’t test this myself. You can try enabling the debugger in Spark and then monitor raw incoming packets when you try to do search and then looks for some errors there or post here.

I have an Openfire test server.
The search works there, so the problem is in my main Openfire server.
By the way, I also noticed that there are no fields in the plugin settings.
Removing / reinstalling the plugin doesn’t help.
Also, my test server did not have the properties that I sent you, I deleted them too.

I wonder what version of Openfire and Search plugin you and incsoft have. Maybe updating Openfire and plugin should help with that.

Openfire 4.5.4 and Search 1.7.3, I upgraded yesterday from Openfire 4.5.1, these parameters were not there either. I tried restarting the service but it doesn’t help.

do not write message. Limit successful

What does the openfire plugin do? It does not appear in my installed plugins, but also does not exist for users using the old version, but searching? Is it necessary to install openfire and search plugins for people using local network? If necessary, how are they installed? Thanks.

You have to check on the server. Assuming you are using Openfire as a server. Spark is using Search plugin on the server to show its search menu and results.