Spark look and feel refresh

I’ll try and install fastpath, I have an existing server setup.

Thank you I appreciate.

I’ve been using Spark 2.9.5 for a week. Thank you very much for the new design.I don’t see any bugs.
Is the release coming soon? Or do you still want to change something?

Amos is on a break i believe. I think he wanted to work on scrolling tabs and going back to regular tabs was a temporary solution. I would also like to get input fields (hints) translatable. Now it is hardcoded in English. Not sure about new emoticons (it was reverted to old because of borders around new icons).

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spark 3.0.0 roadmap discussion

Moved roadmap discussion to a separate thread Spark 3.0.0 roadmap discussion

I have updated the code for scrollable tabs to be tested.

Latest build, with scrollable tabs https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1668/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/

I received 11 messages, I accidentally closed the tab, but I still see the notification.

But if I write at least one more message, then the counter will be reset.

First of all I want to congratulate you for this incredible work with spark, today I have been using it for almost 7 years and I can say that it is the best xmpp client I have ever used and the only one that fit for my company.
I am testing this new theme I would like to contribute with my experience:

1 - When logging in, the login button does not disable, if you click again while connecting, the layout is duplicated.
2 - When hovering over a contact in the list of contacts, the panel with the quick information is showing on the side, if the spark is in full screen it does not appear.
3 - When clicking on emojis with the full screen, the check box appears behind the windows task bar, cutting the selection.

Tested on Windows 10.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue with login button? I can’t reproduce it or maybe i don’t understand it.

I think this is unintentional, but kind of good that counter is not reset if you close the tab, so you know you missed something. But it should reset when you reopen the tab with the same contact. Although i’m not sure if this is possible as new tab maybe has new id then. So maybe it is easier to reset the counter if tab is closed.

Sorry if I was not clear about the problem with the login button.

When clicking on the Login button, the authentication process starts, but the button remains active and can be clicked, if the button is clicked again during the authentication in progress, the interface (buttons and tabs) is duplicated.
The solution is while spark is processing authentication, the login button must be disabled, as well as the other components of the screen.

Thanks for this, this is still work in progress.

I agree that Login button should not be active or maybe even turn into Cancel to stop the authentication process. For now at least it should be inactive. I just can’t reproduce the duplication part. But i guess this is not important.

I agree, it should turn into a button to cancel authentication. Regarding the duplication part, when the authentication is in progress you click several times on the Login button so spark will try to authenticate the user several times, I believe that if you are testing on a local server it will be difficult to reproduce because spark will log in very fast.
Yes, if the login button disables when authentication is being performed the duplication part is not important, it is only a side effect.

I have update this part to disable the clickable components on login window for now as debug the scrollable tab notifications, will come back to it later to add cancel logic.

1 Like

Re-coded this part, kindly test the new to be released from the new commit. Previous logic used the unread messages from a single tab but now gets sum of all unread messages from each tab, such that when you open a tab the remaining unread messages will still be displayed until there is no more unread message.

1 Like

Latest build https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1672/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/

Have tested after latest commit. It behaves the same. If you have unread messages and you don’t click on a tab with them, but press X to close it. Then unread counter will still show same number. But if i have two tabs with unread messages, close one with X and then click on another, then unread number is reset. So it somwhat works, but not when a single tab is involved.