Spark Manager for openfire 3.3.0

http://unix.lt/thankyou.swf

I’'m using Spark Manager plugin with Openfire 3.3.0 on Linux Gentoo.

In the clients settings of Spark Manager, the plugin doesn’‘t find any windows client (I only have windows client) although some of them are connected and when I try to update the client list; I’'ve got this error in debug.log

Any ideas ?

java.io.IOException: Unknown error. Error code : -3 and message : unknown compression method

at org.apache.mina.filter.support.Zlib.inflate(Zlib.java:137)

at org.apache.mina.filter.CompressionFilter.messageReceived(CompressionFilter.java :166)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageR eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.mess ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.handleAppDataRead(SSLFilter.java:632)

at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.handleSSLData(SSLFilter.java:610)

at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.messageReceived(SSLFilter.java:401)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageR eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.mess ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$HeadFilter.messa geReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:617)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.fireMessageRecei ved(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:353)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:246)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(Socket IoProcessor.java:206)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(Soc ketIoProcessor.java:44)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(Soc ketIoProcessor.java:506)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:43)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor .java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Sorry, I had forgotten to do a chown to the setup file (spark 2.5.2) and now it works fine

Thanks for this plugin.

Although I don’'t know why I had this error before.

I noticed that you HAVE to use the exe builds to make them show up in the list, I also just noticed today that it will not let me update my clients in my district from 2.5.2 beta 1 to the release of 2.5.2, it says no updates available… so I appear to be stuck now until an 2.5.3 beta comes out? any help guys?

@ derek, I was really hoping I would finally be getting to try to see if the update fix you made to the 2.5.2 beta, and 2.5.2 client was working (the one where it was leaving the connection connected during update). But as you can see I am stuck using the beta until someone gives me a way to make the spark manager do the update to 2.5.2!!

Thanks Spark and Openfire Team!!

Scott!!

By putting yourself the build into the openfire spark folder, it will let you do the update

It would appear that Spark Manager is only able to deploy .exe files for Windows.

Would it be possible to modify the behaviour to include MSI’'s too?

We currently deploy a modified MSI to users (to include config, MSN emoticons etc) and that information is lost on an .exe application update.

@ Shadow aok: If I have a client that is running spark 2.5.2 beta 1, and i HAVE in the builds folder spark 2.5.2 final release, and in SPARK MANAGER I have “spark_2_5_2_online.exe” selected in the admin console as the client version that I want as my minimum version, then go to the client that is running 2.5.2 beta 1 and click on help, then check for updates, it says “no updates available”. So spark manager is not being able to differentiate between the beta and final build of spark, so it will not do an update when a client have 2.5.2 beta 1…

@ DeeJay: did you have to do anything special to add emoticon packs to spark, I have been following the posts about it, and some people seem to be having trouble getting additional packs to work… So I was wondering if you had to do anything special to get the msn emoticons to work…

In addition to wanting msi’‘s to be supported, wouldn’'t it be great if in spark manager you were able to somewhere supply arguments for the install… for example when I push spark to my clients I do a SILENT (quiet) install, but when my end users get prompted to update they are presented with the standard installer, which they have to click next, next, etc… As I have to deal with teachers and such that are already afraid to do almost anything on their computers for fear they will “break” something, they will end up saying NO to the update as soon as they see they have to click on install options, even though I tell them it is ok to click yes if they see the update message… I would love to be able to set the -q parameter somewhere in spark manager, so that when they click on YES to the update procedure, maybe it does a silent install then in the background, or a similar switch that maybe would even just do an update without ANY user intervention being required AFTER they click on yes to update… Just an idea…

Thanks

Scott

none of my users have permission to install software so this doesn’‘t’’ exactly help me. but, I would like to know is if I use this plugin, will it stop the clients from receiving update notifications?

because I would rather not have to recieve calls from all of my users that an update is available.

and BTW, great product all around.

It would also be nice to be able to do an upgrade on Windows without having the administrator rights (but it depends of windows so …).

@jledhead : yes, that’'s the reason why I installed this plugin

@Stealth

There are options in 2.5.1 which determine whether it will notify about betas. It’'s a new option and is configurable per client.

Emoticons work for fine for us with the later Spark clients. However, you have to be careful which ones you use. Certainly the larger ones tend to fail (I seem to remember that being mentioned as a bug somewhere when the 2.5.0 betas were released).

Unless Spark manager is improved (and to be fair to Jive, it’‘s a free piece of software that does tread on the toes of the enterprise version somewhat) then what I think I’'ll do is:

1. Set Spark Manager to deploy 2.5.0

2. Use SMS to update clients after that point.

That way, clients will not attempt to auto-update from the Internet and I can automatically update the client when I want using SMS (without admin rights and with the correct settings).

D

Thanks.

Great news, Thanks!, I’'m one step closer

I am still hoping to hear some official word on the plan of this plugin. Is it going to supported going forward? Is it going to be added to the plugin page? Please let me know.

thank you thank you thank you for this plugin.

Thanks Ignite Realtime Team!