SparkMeet - Spark Plugin for Openfire Meetings

Jingle plugin is not working for a long time (since 2.6.3 probably). SIP plugin has stopped working after updating Smack to 4 version (in 2.8.0). There are no active good java developers working on Spark, so no clue when and whether these plugins will work. No other alternatives that i know of.

Thanks for the info. It’s a pity that they stopped working, we used calls like call center within the organization, it was very convenient

I just saw this on github as well!..Pade…very cool! does this mean your UI guy might be getting involved too?! One early request…please keep SSO in mind!

very exciting to see how this all goes!

But what’s the finally result ?I want build the meeting based openfire, based chrome is ok, but in the spark, install the plugins, have not any button for the video/audio window .

Final result for now is you download the Spark source code and build the SparkMeet plugin. Look in the dist folder and you should find a sparkmeet.jar file. Deploy to your Spark client like any other plugin. Please don’t ask me for instructions on how to do that.

thank you very much , I’ll build it.

Whether this plugin will be included in the next version (2.8.4)? And when it will be available?

Can’t say for sure. I didn’t have time to look into it for 2.8.3.

Hi, does anyone know if it is working for spark version 2.8.3? and how is it configured?

It is not included in 2.8.3. It probably will be in 2.9.0. Can’t say much about the configuration. I guess the same as with current Ofmeet and using browser. But Spark will have a button in the chat window.

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to make video calls in Spark with Spark Meet

I found the repos but not sure exactly what I am looking at. When I click it I do not see a jar file it is the source. Is there a working compilation of this i can download that works with the current Pade and Meeting server?

Try https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1617/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/

1 Like

I just installed this 2 days ago and I now have the Pade button in the message box. I can not get a windows to pop up when I click it but my friend has this version now and when I send him the Pade invite he gets a window that pops up on his. I wonder why it is not popping up on my pc. Both r using the 2.9.5 with jre for windows.

If you can, i suggest starting with a fresh Spark profile, by deleting C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark
folder and setting up everything fresh. If you don’t want to lose settings and history, at least exit Spark, delete all files in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\logs. Start Spark, press on Pade button in chat. Then check all logs for related errors.

1 Like

I will give that a try. Will let you know. Merry Christmas by the way.

Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have it now working correctly but now I noticed it always asks for permission every time you click on Microphone or cam or any other setting.

It is the built in Eclipse browser. Could you please disable the security for it so it doesn’t keep asking for permission?

The meeting window once it pops up asks for same permission over and over again. How to make that auto click yes or bypass it?

I seen on the eclipse github that you can disable it like this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35852684/electron-chromium-disable-web-security

new BrowserWindow({webPreferences: {webSecurity: false}});

hellos, i have openfire 4.3, how install SparkMeet?? , i need enable the conference video??

greads

hellos, i need your help!! you can help, with de configuration , i want to do video conference!!

regads