SparkMeet - Spark Plugin for Openfire Meetings

SparkMeet plugin for Spark is still in its breeding stage and not readily available (and as i understand it is evolving into something new). So, can’t provide anything yet. Red5 is outdated and not supported for a long time.

Thanks for the reply, will wait for such a plugin, and the fact that in the photo above in the subject as there is a video brought to java?

Sorry for the confusion on this.

SparkMeet is an improved version of the old Openfire Meetings plugin for Spark. It does exactly the same thing as before. No new features. It is ready to be merged and only requires additional work after merging for packaging if we decide to make it part of the core plugins.

The use of JxBrowser has now shifted focus to the new Pade project I have created at Ignite Realtime. This project will experiment with giving Spark a new HTML5 facelift using JxBrowser. It will also look at making Openfire Meetings more scalable and distributed by moving Jitsi Videobridge to the Pade client and retaining the Focus user on Openfire.

Dele, i see something new on Github. What is Pade? Is it something else or is this going to replace current SparkMeet.

PR is ready to be merged, but only merging it probably won’t work and our building system might need additional configuration. I have no experience with that (Bamboo), so i’m waiting for other team members (Guus and akrherz) to give their insight on this. There is also a poll in the forums and some users are against the increase of size or longer loading of Spark, so we also have to investigate options to build separate versions of plugins per platform and not bundle one huge version.

Dele, i see something new on Github. What is Pade? Is it something else or is this going to replace current SparkMeet.

The Pade project will experiment with giving Spark a new HTML5 facelift using JxBrowser. It will also look at making Openfire Meetings more scale-able and more distributed by moving Jitsi Videobridge to the Pade client and retaining the meeting focus user centrally on Openfire.

It will be an alternative to Spark itself with Openfire Meetings built into the core.

but only merging it probably won’t work and our building system might need additional configuration.

The standard Spark build uses the default build.xml. I have created several versions. You simply replace build.xml what whatever you decide as the default action/behaviour. To keep it simple, lets not add it to core plugins and keep all as the default build.xml and let folks build custom platform builds depending on their needs.

1 Like

I see. Lets move this discussion to PR.

To be honest, this project would be most relevant for companies who have a lot of filialov and who communicate via Skype, mnoe organizations are looking for such a universal system for negotiations and conferences, including our company, therefore, as earlier we tested red5 and this hour we expect you plugin ofmeet? only that he would not open new browser and in the app spark

2.8.2 version should be released soon and i don’t think it will include this plugin. So most probably it will be 2.8.3 in January/February.

Thanks for the info, we’ll wait.

another issue was, but it is probably not related to this topic… it was still a plug-in for SIP calls to a computer seems jingle called, recently tried to configure it, but the plugin for the server and the client for a spark not found whether or is there an alternative to this plugin.

Thanks in advance

Jingle plugin is not working for a long time (since 2.6.3 probably). SIP plugin has stopped working after updating Smack to 4 version (in 2.8.0). There are no active good java developers working on Spark, so no clue when and whether these plugins will work. No other alternatives that i know of.

Thanks for the info. It’s a pity that they stopped working, we used calls like call center within the organization, it was very convenient

I just saw this on github as well!..Pade…very cool! does this mean your UI guy might be getting involved too?! One early request…please keep SSO in mind!

very exciting to see how this all goes!

But what’s the finally result ?I want build the meeting based openfire, based chrome is ok, but in the spark, install the plugins, have not any button for the video/audio window .

Final result for now is you download the Spark source code and build the SparkMeet plugin. Look in the dist folder and you should find a sparkmeet.jar file. Deploy to your Spark client like any other plugin. Please don’t ask me for instructions on how to do that.

thank you very much , I’ll build it.

Whether this plugin will be included in the next version (2.8.4)? And when it will be available?

Can’t say for sure. I didn’t have time to look into it for 2.8.3.

Hi, does anyone know if it is working for spark version 2.8.3? and how is it configured?

It is not included in 2.8.3. It probably will be in 2.9.0. Can’t say much about the configuration. I guess the same as with current Ofmeet and using browser. But Spark will have a button in the chat window.

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to make video calls in Spark with Spark Meet