Spark EmojiOne Emoticon Set

Hello all,

I put together a selection of 200 EmojiOne emoticons for personal use with Spark Messenger, and have secured permission from EmojiOne Inc. to share the emoticon pack with other Spark users.

The emoticons come in two packs with different display sizes, 16x16 and 32x32. The two packs are side-by-side installable, you can use them both at the same time if you would like. The packs are quasi-compatible with other emoticon packs, the usual etc. will always display OK but for best results to use the foods, objects etc. the users on both ends should be using one of the PHX packs (PHX-16 and PHX-32 are fully compatible with each other).

Download the ZIP file(s) for each pack here: https://goo.gl/Hjjjqv

To install & use, place the ZIP file(s) in ā€œ\Program Files (x86)\Spark\xtra\emoticonsā€, then open Spark and select your emotion pack under File>Preferences>Appearance.

The goods:

PHX-16

83OA6Vd.png

R6alfdQ.png

PHX-32

9rEUaiD.png

xeVsXdr.png

The fine print:

-Emoji icons provided free by EmojiOne.

-All emoji images belong to EmojiOne Inc., and cannot be extracted for use in other projects.

-To gain access to these emoji images, go here: https://www.emojione.com/developers/download

Special thanks to Marcie @ EmojiOne for her help.

-Andrew

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Andrew I have in mind to maybe create a pack with some EmojiOne icons to add to Spark. But iā€™m not sure about it yet (it will involve putting a disclaimer on our Downloads page).

1 Like

Thanks for the emoji set up as well. I am curious about how licensing works with these packs. Are we supposed to add this somewhere to our custom disclaimer? Weā€™re using Spark as an internal messenger and was wondering if there are any implications of using these emoticons. I tried to research it online, however I didnā€™t really understand weather emoticons are copyrighted (other than the Apple ones which I know they are). If you can provide some insight that would be great. Thanks!

You donā€™t have to do anything as the end user. Disclaimer is only needed for developers/distributors of software (like IgniteRealtime with Spark in this case).

1 Like

Ty so much! Helps a lot

I tried adding these to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spark\xtra\emoticons but they still do not appear for me. I also restarted Openfire Service.

You must choose the emote pack you are going to use(PHX-16 or PHX-32).

I guess my question would be, does it need to be added to every single client? Or can it be added to the Openfire Server and then they show up in all clients?

you must add for each client. These smilies will be seen only by those who add it to their Spark.

1 Like