Spark look and feel refresh

Thanks for this, this is still work in progress.

I agree that Login button should not be active or maybe even turn into Cancel to stop the authentication process. For now at least it should be inactive. I just can’t reproduce the duplication part. But i guess this is not important.

I agree, it should turn into a button to cancel authentication. Regarding the duplication part, when the authentication is in progress you click several times on the Login button so spark will try to authenticate the user several times, I believe that if you are testing on a local server it will be difficult to reproduce because spark will log in very fast.
Yes, if the login button disables when authentication is being performed the duplication part is not important, it is only a side effect.

I have update this part to disable the clickable components on login window for now as debug the scrollable tab notifications, will come back to it later to add cancel logic.

1 Like

Re-coded this part, kindly test the new to be released from the new commit. Previous logic used the unread messages from a single tab but now gets sum of all unread messages from each tab, such that when you open a tab the remaining unread messages will still be displayed until there is no more unread message.

1 Like

Latest build https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1672/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/

Have tested after latest commit. It behaves the same. If you have unread messages and you don’t click on a tab with them, but press X to close it. Then unread counter will still show same number. But if i have two tabs with unread messages, close one with X and then click on another, then unread number is reset. So it somwhat works, but not when a single tab is involved.

Updated.

Hey.
when the user status changes, a red pointer appears.

Alright thanks - fixed now, sending commit shortly, but the other counter issue is solved right?

Latest build https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1674/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/

Yes, counter is closed on tab close now. Building the latest change now. Btw, for me the [0] counter was appearing when the other side began typing, not when their status changed to say away or so.

Latest https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1675/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/

Ok. Now there is no counter when the other side is typing. I also don’t see counter when contact changes status to away or on the phone. But i never saw this before this commit anyway. So maybe Ilya can test and try to reproduce.

I had an issue once when new conversation took over the focus when new tab appeared, but i can’t reproduce this. Maybe it was some special condition when this happens.

They were related in some way so I believe the issue is fixed completely, let’s wait for more tests.

wow!

Now the status does not add an unread letter.Thx!!

But I noticed a couple of things:

1. The first user (Larisa Petrakova) wrote me 7 messages, I don’t see this number of messages if the dialog is to the left.
  2. Popova Daria wrote me one message, but it does not appear in the dialog list in any way. I expect it should be like in the screenshot.

I think I know why, Spark Tabs are custom tabs so when the tab title is set it only sets to a label not the title of the Tabbedpane itself that is why it doesn’t show in the pop up sometimes, lemmi dig up the code and see.

about the first user in the list of dialogs - this is an old bug.
For example, here’s Spark 2.9.4 and I wrote 10 messages, but I can’t see the number of messages.

1 Like

Tested this on local serve it works. pushing a commit, didn’t change much but code clean up.

I noticed this issue occurs only on ignite realtime server but on local server it works without any issues, something to investigate later.