Spark look and feel refresh

To keep this topic afloat and not to forget things, this is the list that i think we need before this refresh is considered done (of course, there can still be other things to polish, etc.):

Major:

• First tab not showing (x) for unread messages
  • A tab with offline contact takes over focus when this user sends a message after becoming online

Minor:

• Make hint text in input fields on login screen translatable (LoginUIPanel.java)
  • Vcard popup not showing when contact window is maximized
  • When chat window is maximized emoticons selection window goes beyond taskbar
  • Move search field to the top of contacts window (now at the bottom)

Trivial:

• Move Lookup profile setting in Contacts menu higher
  • New emoticons (without white border)
  • Add contact icon in Contacts menu should use the same icon as in chat window (just smaller)

Although most of this seems like we can live with it or fix it later (i really want to fix two first ones, but most users probably won’t run into this too often).

2 Likes

Hi, @k33ptoo and we need this icon “Add contact” to be 24x24 in size.
Screenshot_652

and I think that this is the wrong icon, there must be this
add_user_24

I created a PR, but I may be wrong.

Thank you @ilyaHlevnoy for the update, it is correct.

1 Like

I’ll attempt the first two and see how it goes.

1 Like

How is that lookup profile?

This is search. Which can be higher i guess. But i was talking about Lookup profile in Contacts menu. It should be either after Add contact group or at the bottom. Now it is in the middle of checkboxes settings

Btw, add contact icon probably should be the same as Ilya did for chat window, just smaller.

1 Like

Latest build:
https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1700/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/
Ilya replaced icons for Add contact in chat window and on the phone status
I have fixed typo in incoming_message.png name and also in spark.properties

by the way it will be good!
Looks good :thinking:

1 Like

Got you.

Yeah, I’ll leave it that way.

2 Likes

Thanks, latest build https://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLY-1701/artifact/shared/Install4j-generated-media/

I have noticed one minor visual glitch. When you first login it shows blue border around search icon in the search field. if you click in the search field and then click on some menu above, it goes away. Maybe the icon is a bit too big and goes outside the field frame. You can see this in your screenshot above. The lines around looking glass icon are thicker.
Glitched:
Normal:

To keep this topic afloat and not to forget things, this is the list that i think we need before this refresh is considered done (of course, there can still be other things to polish, etc.):

Major:

• First tab not showing (x) for unread messages
  • A tab with offline contact takes over focus when this user sends a message after becoming online

Minor:

• Make hint text in input fields on login screen translatable (LoginUIPanel.java)
  • Vcard popup not showing when contact window is maximized
  • When chat window is maximized emoticons selection window goes beyond taskbar
  • Move search field to the top of contacts window (now at the bottom)

Trivial:

• New emoticons (without white border)
  • Small glitch around looking glass icon in the search field
  • Add contact icon in Contacts menu should use the same icon as in chat window (just smaller)
  • Move Lookup profile setting in Contacts menu higher

Although most of this seems like we can live with it or fix it later (i really want to fix two first ones, but most users probably won’t run into this too often).

Spark1Tab
Fix for " First tab not showing (x) for unread messages"

Unable to recreate this - someone can check it out for me.

1 Like

Fixed.

I didn’t quite understand what wroot means, but it is possible.

1 Like

Fix for - Only English - other languages to be translated

When you have several tabs (sometimes) a tab gets focused (upon message received) even when the window is not focused, it happens sometimes not all the time. I think that is what he meant but offline user.

Then I think this, I wrote a testuser message and the focus moved from testuser2 to Hlevnoy ilya.

1 Like

I think for this, it has something to do with Window Flashing Plugin, such that when you click on the icon on taskbar it automatically focuses on the tab with new message.